10lb by Easter challenge week 5

Give it a whirl, lad. It works!

You OK mate?

Have gone through emotional loss myself and don’t recommend it as a weight loss strategy.

It’s not a loss, mate, just turmoil! Thank you though.

No worries mate , my mis-interpretation. Apologies, D’oh :slight_smile:

Ended up being a poor day yesterday, basicslly was distracted and stopped counting. Looking back I ended up around 2700 calories. Not a surplus but still not good, going to aim for 1800 a day for the next 3 days to get me back on track for the week.

Just the last two days:

2nd April

B: 3 egg cheese and onion omelette and beans.
L: Soup.
D: Quiche, salt and vinegar chickpeas, banana, 2 protein energy flapjacks.
S: Small piece of chocolate cake.
E: Man v Fat football.
W: Over 4 litres.

3rd April

B: N/A
L: N/A
D: Garlic and chilli beans, veg samosa, triple sandwich.
S: N/A
E: N/A
W: Over 5 litres.

Is anyone left out there? Hardly anyone still logging weight on the weigh in thread

I’ve managed to get back in to some good habits that I used to have when I was slimmer. E.g. Tues night I wanted to have a beer whilst watching the game… Had diet coke instead. Because I used to have a rule of no booze in the week.

And yesterday I had big bar of choc in the morning. So had a smaller lunch and dinner and only an apple for pm snack.

Basically getting a bit of discipline back :muscle:

I’ve bumped it so it’s easier to find, lads.

Decent day so far.

Gym weights sesh, 2 dog walks. Porridge with almond milk and berries. Protein shake.

Couple of poor days for me, just been tired, im trying to get back on it but not feeling very motivated.

Same here mate. I’m still keeping it up with the gym but for some reason I can’t stop eating, even if it’s “healthy” snacks I’m still having too much of it.

Off to play football, already programmed my meal after in.

And just to show that Tuesday I did what i liked, here’s the week s far…

Evening, fellas. After not eating much recently, allowed myself a bit more for lunch and dinner. Went round to a friend’s house for dinner and the bean burgers were sensational… I had 4! No buns, lettuce instead and they were honestly excellent!

B: 2 brown toast with peanut butter.
L: Soup, curry with rice, protein bar.
D: Bean burgers wrapped in lettuce, slaw and sriracha mayo, chocolate yoghurt with strawberries.
S: N/A
E: N/A
W: Over 4 litres, 2 alcohol free beers, 1 black decaf coffee.

Another poor day yesterday. Fight back starts now, I’ve realised the reason I was struggling this week was work related stress. Not too much I can do about that but knowing what it is should make it easier to spot the danger signs.

I’ve got my motivation back now. I will be sticking to 1500 calories a day for the next 4 days, turn what could have been a gain into a loss. Happy Friday everyone!

So I have visitors and it’s been eat drink sleep repeat. They go tomorrow then it’s all go. I’m once again setting myself a challenge. 30 by end of July when I go to Ireland for 2 weeks. This should be achievable and will bring me into the 16/17 stone range. I need to look at dates and see how I’ll look at my weigh days and I also need new scales for reliability. When I achieve this I will be newly 6 stone lighter since they saw me in the flesh. Those reactions should be interesting.
More than welcome to join so I’ll run it along with this group also.

Just checked it’s 16 weeks from today and 14 from good Friday. I might start Monday I think.

I’ve had a cheeky mid-week weigh in and I’m half a pound up which certainly isn’t as bad as I was expecting.
This will (hopefully) give me the kick up the arse that I need to pull it back for Tuesday, I’ve got to lose 2lbs a week to achieve the 10lbs by Easter so fingers crossed I can do it, but no more big slip ups.

Evening, fellas.

B: N/A
L: Egg sandwich, protein bar.
D: Paneer jalfrezi sandwich, Kind peanut bar, protein bar.
S: 3 Guylian chocolates.
E: Over 15k steps.
W: Over 5 litres.

@Greenballs - is it not worth waiting until this one finishes before starting a new one? There’s hardly anyone left here, setting up a new one will hardly help. Up to you though, mate.

Maybe I’ll keep my own off the site as interest is lower than before. I have another platform I can use anyway. We’ll see what the interest is here of people want another one.

Just because some people are having a bad time you don’t need to just leave and start a new one, surely we should be encouraging everyone else rather than just giving up on them. (Sorry it that seems harsh mate but we all agreed to slagging is I thought I’d just be honest!)

I didn’t say I was leaving nor did I say I was giving up. I said I was setting myself a challenge inviting people join.