10lbs by Spring Bank Holiday (27th May) Week 2 thread

Eating has gone to sh1t in recent days. Keeping up the exercise but need to cut out all these crappy snacks. Meals have been pretty good though. Hope you’re all having a good BH weekend.

Been prepping hallway and landing ready for decorating - must have burned plenty of calories all that sanding and up and down the stairs lol

Better day today:

B: N/A
L: 4 scrambled eggs, 2 crusty white bread rolls, chilli halloumi and sriracha hot sauce.
D: 5 vegetable fingers, 2 corn on the cob, broccoli, sprouts, carrots and parsnips.
S: 2 Biscoff biscuits, homemade vegetable curry soup.
E: N/A
W: Over 6 litres.

Felt rough for most of the day, starting to feel more human now. Back at it tomorrow although I’m prepared for the gain on Tuesday and already planning on how to get back to it come Tuesday.

Copied from my group.

Being monday tomorrow, obviously I will be first to report in. Just counted up the chocolate that I’ve consumed this week (all accounted for in my tracking)

1 bag of bourneville buttons
1 100g Aero bar
4 Flake (multipack)
4 Wispa (multipack)
1 Peppermint Cream, 1 KitKat Chunky & 1 Boost.

Might as well say that’s an average of 2 bars of chocolate a day!

Yes, I am aware that this is slowing the progress, along with 7 chunky cookies… and the excuse of it being in my calorie count doesn’t really wash…

The missus has lost nearly 4lbs in 2 weeks with no exercise simply because she has abstained from chocolate & eating breakfast, elevenses, Slimfast lunch & evening diet ready meal.

This coming week my goal is to abstain from chocolate…

Sorry i not been posting been dealing with a berevement so cant think about it, hope all you doing well speak soon :slightly_smiling_face:

Sorry for your loss, mate. Take all the time you need, we’ll still be here.

On it lads. Third spin class in a row today and weight is looking good. Keeping within a decent calorie deficit. Scales tell me 2 and half but that may go down more by morning.

@Biffa94 sorry to hear of your loss. Focus on those around you at this time👍🏻

Been on the scales. 104.7kg, which is a loss of 0.5kg, or 1.1lbs in old money.

Would have been impressive without the chocolate, I know.

Still, over 5lbs in 2 weeks. Just need to not undo the work like I have in previous weeks.

After always turning my nose up at rice cakes (missus uses them as a snack), I have discovered I like one flavour - marmite! Maybe use them as a replacement for chocolate. Under 60 calories, as opposed to 400 ish for 2 chocolate bars…

Just don’t use it as a reason to go off the rails. You still need to look after yourself, especially if you need to be there for others. We’ll all be here still when you return. :+1:

Sorry to hear that mate. You take care and look after yourself.

Guys, sorry I haven’t been on here much in the last few days, been feeling pretty cr@p tbh.

I have never been a great sleeper, but for the last few nights I’ve dozed and awoke to see pretty much every hour through the night. It came to a head on Saturday - ‘Hello 4am’. I managed to get a couple of hours after that and woke about 6:30.

I was supposed to go for a walk with friends which would have meant being out of the house by 8:30… I eventually got up at midday having slept for over 4 hours. Got up made a cup of tea, felt like sh!t, so back to bed and slept until 6pm. Guess what with so much sleep caught up on wasn’t at all tired on Saturday night.

As I had hardly eaten on Saturday I pretty much troughed on everything in sight yesterday (1900 cals of veggie burgers alone) so reckon my mega loss of last week will have rebounded big time for tomorrows w/i… And it’s my birthday tomorrow, so doubtless will start another week with mega troughing.

Been totally off it this weekend (I’ve been consciously aware what I’ve been eating but not tracking) As I said yesterday I was out drinking Saturday night (I do most bank holidays because I’ve got plenty of time to recover :sweat_smile: )

I’m going food shopping today so properly back on it tomorrow ready for week 3.

Sorry to hear that mate, keep your head up!

Yesterday was going well until I got complacent in the evening and had a bag of chocolates, oh well, still finished within my tdee. Weighed in this morning: 9.6 pounds down! I’ve lost the holiday weight and then some, just 0.3 to go to that 20 stone mark :blush:

So by way of making up for not posting much recently…

I just received an email from the BBC. It shows a ‘weight comparison’ tool. I have seen and used it before.

This time I thought it would be useful to do ‘then and now’ snapshots. I snapped the BMI results 'cos that’s what everyone knows, but it also does waist size and compares you to your peers.

It has taken me literally years to get to this point with many ‘ups and downs’ along the way, but the current (overall, seasonally adjusted) trend is “Hey fat man, you’re going down” :grin:

Seriously, it will take as long as it takes but I am proof that if we stick with it we can get there my friends.

The link is https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-48088391?xtor=ES-211-[22674_PANUK_NLT_19_ENG_3Months_PanoramaGPappointments]-20190506-[bbcnews_evenslightlyoverweightdiabetesrisktohealth_newshealth]

Then:
beeb_bmi_then
Now:
beeb_bmi_now

Playing catch up here but it’s been a good day with exercise, healthy food (and snacks, but not many anyway) and no alcohol.
Pretty late but will start contributing more. Sorry and thanks.

Nice work lads

Slightly better day of eating for me today but not great. Been so shattered lately with work, exercise, some serious personal life stuff and consequent lack of sleep. I think thats why I’ve been reaching for carbs and in particular choccy

Gym sesh planned for the morning and fridge full of healthy food for the werk ahead :muscle:

Getting ready to cheer on Leicester beating Man City to help Liverpool win the league, so will make this quick.

Lunch was over 800 calories, decided on a full on English followed by a yogurt. Tuna salad tonight to balance that out (already in the tracking) so we come under calories & no chocolate! (Had done the buttons by this time last week so all good…)

B: 4 scrambled eggs, fried mushrooms, fried tomatoes, brown bread roll, chilli halloumi, sriracha hot sauce.
L: N/A
D: 1/2 egg and cheese salad sandwich, apple and peanut butter pot.
S: N/A
E: N/A
W: Over 4 litres.

Getting better again, in the zone. Cup week at football tomorrow, can’t wait!

Apologies for not posting more regularly. To be honest I am posting daily on my Mvfia team (water) and forgetting this one. Poor excuse I know

Things going well , half way to target and the exercise is great so all very positive. Still a bit to go as sept 2016 I was just below 200lbs . Although no way as healthy as now cos very little exercise.

Got to avoid complacency though as this battle is never won