10lbs by Spring Bank Holiday (27th May) Week 3 thread

Hope you feel better soon buddy

Tried to be as good as possible yesterday at work but ambulance work does not allow for good regular meals, managed to avoid McDonald’s on the way home although I did have a few too many Jaffa cakes before bed. Woke up today though to find I’ve 4 lb off since weighing myself on Saturday which is great although I know that will tail off quickly and real effort will be needed so off to a good start at least! Have a good day lads

Weird thing happened to me last night. I felt like crap so I went to bed at like half 9 and then I woke up about midnight and started sleepwalking and ate a load of crap (I didn’t even realise until my girlfriend told me in the morning), I’ve never sleepwalked before (as far as I know) so not sure where that came from…

Nailed yesterday, nailed today, that’s all you need to know right now.
And what a comeback by the boys vs Barcelona :smiley:

Had abit toast n 2 bowls of branflakes n yogurt. Few sweets. Not much appetite cos got the lurgy.

Evening, gents! Great day today, firmly back in the zone, joined a gym and knocked out week 1 run 1 of Couch to 5k.

B: Porridge with golden syrup.
L: Ratatouille with cous cous.
D: Egg and potato salad with salad cream, falafel wrap.
S: N/A
E: Couch to 5k, week 1 run 1 (over 24k steps).
W: Over 5 litres.

Got a health MOT booked for 7:30am tomorrow and a proper induction on Sunday which will hopefully give me more of a steer around using weights and warming up / cooling down properly.

Still got issues outside of work affecting me mentally but I’m not going to let it affect my progress one bit. Will need to get new running trainers and gym gear very soon too as I’ve not really got much of that with me and I intend to hit the gym at least 3 times a week on top of football.

Hope you’re all good!

Had an ok day, on nightshifts so couldn’t face any breakfast but had a ham roll for lunch, packet of baked crisps as a snack then went to bed for a bit and homemade spaghetti bolognese for dinner, on shift tonight again so will have some cereal during shift and hopefully no snacking!! See you all tomorrow

What gym u join mate? I hope u enjoy it. I do (mainly lol)

Nuffield gym in Crawley. Managed to get a discount and I can use the one in Chester when I’m back up north.

Struggling a bit at the moment, went almost up to my TDEE yesterday again, I need to find a way to kickstart good habits. On the plus side my new weights have arrived so started working out at home again.

Plan for today, bread roll for breakfast, lots of fruit and veg, then rice, tuna and sweet corn for dinner. Best of luck all.

Average day eating yesterday. Bad start but got better as day went on.

Got my meals and snacks planned out for the day. And will be doing lots of walking

In the snotty sneezy phase of me cold. Dont think ill eat much

Hope every1 is havin a good day. I had branflakes n yogurt then tuna sandwich 4 lunch. Dunno what 4 tea, cos am not feeling up2 gan out so hopefully i got summit in lol.

Hope you’re feeling better soon, mate.

Evening, gents. Health MOT went really well, vitals are all really good (BP 121/82, blood sugars 5.8 and cholesterol lower than 3.88 - the machine only goes as low as that). Since joining football in September I’ve also lost almost 40cm from my waist!

Went and bought some new t-shirts for the gym, running trainers and some socks… this is huge for me as for the last 5 or so years I’ve been wearing compression stockings for my lymphedema. I’ll be testing these socks out over the next few weeks to see if I still need the stockings… hopefully not!

B: 2 white toast with peanut butter, yoghurt, granola and fruit compote.
L: 1/2 egg and cheese salad sandwich, apple and peanut butter pot, salad.
D: Potato and egg salad with salad cream, vegan salad with seeds, vegetable samosa.
S: N/A
E: Over 16k steps.
W: Over 5 litres.

Was tempted to go to the gym this evening but I’m listening to my body and relaxing instead. Will aim to go there before work in the morning to attempt week 1 run 2 of Couch to 5k!

Hope you’ve all had a good day, gents.

Aye ill b reet, am just a pure wimp about illness lol
Nice 1 about the gym, i didnt realise u had lymphedema that must b hard, hopefully it all helps
Hav u had ur induction yet, do they help u do a routine n that? Mine done that.

Just havin more cereal 4 tea cba

Planning ahead, always good :+1:

I’ve developed what I suppose could be called a “bad habit” and I think it’s the main thing that’s halted my weight loss…

I switched to higher protein /lower carb lunches at start of this year (for the pancake day challenge) all good so far. So less sandwiches, more eggs etc. But gradually it’s expanded… E.g. Today I had bacon, eggs, spinach, 1 slice of toast with dairy free spread… Fine. Followed by a small packet of crisps, some pineapple, 2 cereal bars and a small dairy milk! So that’s a protein based lunch… Followed by 800 calories of (bad) carbs.
I literally couldn’t stop eating/didn’t feel satisfied.

Breakfast, dinner and snacks have been perfect today, and not even had a pudding. But I need to stop those lunchtime cravings / binges

Good to hear, mate. I’m a tart when I’m ill as well!

The lymphedema isn’t that bad, more a nuisance than anything. My left leg was badly swollen for years before getting treatment and having to wear stockings. Seems as though it’s almost better now.

The left leg will always be scarred but I can live with that.

Mind over matter, mate. Ask yourself if you really need it and put it down if you don’t. One day it’ll click, I hope it’s tomorrow.

Once it does click, it’ll become habitual and you’ll have far more good days than bad.

Done for the day here.