30lb xmas challenge. Posters may be subject to slagging and derision. Week 16

Lads. Just under 4 weeks to go

Sunday. Last minute change of plans so had 2 reorgainise
B- skipped cos IF
L- 308cals
T- veg curry n rice. Shud b able 2 hav a decent amount cos cal count is low so far
If im rly hungry ill hav a banana. I dont even like them but they serve a purpose

Im goin 4 a meal nxt week…sort of a ‘1st date’ so am not really wantin 2 cancel it. Not really sure how 2 deal wiv it cos nothing on that menu is not THAT healthy cos u dont exactly know how they cook it n cals etc. I dunno if just havin the side salad makes the right impression even if that sounds like excuse or whatever

Enjoy your evening, cut down on the 6 other days of the week to make up for it. You don’t have to deprive yourself, just work it into your calories.

Evening, all.

B: 4 scrambled eggs with chives, 1 slice of white toast.
L: Nut roast, parsnips, carrots, roast potatoes.
D: Veggie canneloni with broccoli.
S: N/A
E: Was intending to go the gym but missed my train down to London due to a traffic jam and it’s a bit late now given I’m up early.
W: Over 3 litres.

Hope everyone’s doing well.

Double post sorry

Back to it today. Good luck with the remaining weeks.

Tough week ahead. Absolutely skint so gonna hav 2 think hard how i can not only budget 2 eat but actually healthy. Potatos n beans n that i reckon

On that note am unfortunately gonna hav2 push back joining mvf actual group 4 now. Just cant afford it

Ham hock salad this afternoon. Tea was 2 pork chops and stirfry vegs. No gym as we’re all in recovery from yesterday. I don’t think I’ll be in the gym at all this week as I’ve got to take my grandson to training this week. We’ll see.

Copied over from my other.

Evening, gents. Weigh in for me at the football tomorrow night, hoping to continue my downward trend!

Hope you’re all setting goals and smashing them!

B: 2 boiled eggs with spinach, yoghurt and granola.
L: Soup and salad.
D: 4 courgette and halloumi pastry triangles, stuffed cherry peppers with goats cheese, mixed vegetable tortilla.
S: N/A
E: N/A - had a busy day, stood up mostly and lugging paperwork around.
W: Over 4 litres.

This past week I have not been careful (bit more than a week but eh). The issue stems from both not posting here each night, combined with not tracking on myfitnesspal. I’m not having to face my choices so it’s easier to make bad ones.
This week I’m going to make an effort to be consistent with tracking calories and posting on here daily. I’m gonna reach for that 30lb loss still.

Good evening all. Here I am trying to get back into the groove. I let life get in my way and felt quite defeated and then in the states, we have a big Thanksgiving thing. sooo that is over and I am making my way back. I haven’t weighed myself for a couple weeks and will do so this Saturday. Hoping it isn’t too devastating.

Back to walking as well as the past two weeks were also a fail. I still have my goal of 1500 miles and it is still within reach. I haven’t screwed that up yet. Still needed two miles, so I had to walk out in the freezing rain to get it down. Almost felt like it was punishing myself for the bad choices. Anyways, a lot can happen in four weeks.

I’ve blown up this weekend. Never went to the gym last night still recovering. Had to weigh in this morning and out on 6lb from last Tuesday weigh in and even more from Saturday morning weigh in. My lad is on afternoons this week so usually I take him training but he’s not going tonight so I’m going to boxercise instead. 4 weeks to hit 30lbs but I’m busy every weekend up until Christmas. As long as I can hit the gym inbetween I’ll try and keep a tab on it

Huh, not much activity today.
Yesterday went well, though ate a bit more than usual.
Workout was strength training.
Breakfast was cereal and coffee.
Lunch was 2 whole eggs, 4 egg whites scrambled, and a piece of toast with jam and grape jelly.
Supper was two cabbage rolls in tomato sauce, and some leftover tofu with tartar sauce. Had a sugar free pudding for dessert.
I also had a sugar cookie from a local coffee shop.
Checked the scale this morning and weight is going in the right direction again!

Going through the emotions but I’m back on track. Porridge thsi morning then eggs for the two other meals. With toast.

Hadn’t exercised in nearly a week and it was focking me off. Got back out today and booked for tomorrow so raring to go. Just over 3 weeks to go and the target is looking close

@Greenballs …how about joining me and @atb88 on December Challenge? 250,000 metres to you…spin bike and/or rower…or any distance of your pre-selection.

atb’s upped it from the 100,000 challenged, to my 1,000,000; so aiming for 250,000 he’s 25% of my personal target. Run/walking; rowing or cycling…any combo. Join us.

Hi @Zero4, @atb88, @Greenballs. I might be up for this challenge, as my other group finishes today/tomorrow. How is it going to work?

I’m not getting near the gym as much for the next 2 weeks so I wouldn’t even get a chance to participate.

Oh, @Unimatrix0 …bosh!..get in there. Climb aboard.

There are very complex rules, so listen carefully. Each of us post their personal target of metres they intend to travel… you’re allowed to travel backwards (stationary rowing) or forwards (stationary…or real…cycling).

Well that’s how it started…I said I’d row or cycle 1,000,000 metres during month of December. My RowVember Challenge got scuppered at 313,000 metres by me catching a cough/cold that probably still won’t go until Friday. I wanted to keep upnthe rowing, although not quite as much as what I had been doing daily up til 15th month…and I’d been missing the bike…hence the combination.

@atb88 upped the 100k challenge given him by saying he’d do 250,000 metres, most of which I understand will be on stationary bike rather than rowing.

I can’t see any reason why, should you wish, that other travelling modes can’t be added …run/walking on treadmill or real road stuff, or gym skiing…

What gym equipment have you ready access to…have you any stuff at home, or will all your exercise require to be taken at the gym?..the gym spin bikes are probably a better cycling tool than those chunky static bikes they usually have next to treadmills in most gyms, but all give a kilometres screen.

I’m fortunate enough to have both a Concept 2 rower and a Wattbike in my home gym (cabin in garden), but I do go to local school gym to give me some variety and, if someone gets on rower next to you in the public gym, you simply HAVE to stay on your’s longer, don’t you?!

The calories burned readout on these machines is not necessarily ever an accurate one First, because the manufacturer’s default setting assumes the user is generally lighter than any of us mob BUT, it takes no account of the fact that you’d burn some calories during the half hour or so you’re on the machine exercising, even if you’d stayed at home watching TV. But we’ll say that one approximately offsets the other, and if you DO count calories, we’ll use the machine reading.

IN SHORT:

Whatever distance you set yourself should challenge YOU… it’s not a race. It’s not one against any other, simply posting your daily distance plus aggregate for the month.

I’ll be adding in my post calories IN and calories OUT for more accountability and as a further incentive for me, and anyone could post theirs too if that floats their boat.

The purpose is to both lose weight AND get/keep healthy during the month. If we each get to December 31 lighter and fitter, it should be a win win for all.

I may be able. Did 20k during spin class and it was ok. If i target 250000. That’s only 12 classes