Ask a Nutrition & Training Coach Anything!

Yeah I’ve been on here since about 2015, there was obviously alot less people, but there was a definite community who all knew each other pretty well & spoke constantly during the week

This is why I’m trying to keep these challenges going so we can have some interactions outside of the groups that’s not football. Give people that target

I hadnt noticed that myself cos im not in the league. For what its worth i still like use the forums ppl can talk 2 me if they want

Ok fair enuf. Im abit disappointed in myself cos i rly thought i was gettin there with it :frowning: I dunno if 2 look in2 how do it properly n if its agood or bad thing 4 me

Online intermittently today, ask me anything & I’ll log on every other few hours to answer :slight_smile:

Mate, I know you say you can’t really target certain areas but I’m really concerned about my moobs. I know its an embarrassing thing to talk about but I feel I have to address it. I’ve lost about 3 stone, I still have a belly and that but the moobs don’t seem to be going anywhere. Is there anything you’d recommend? I really don’t want a more flat stomach and massive tits :rofl:

Before & After Pics (inspiration for the journey)

Yeah I know what you mean mate, I was there myself when I fell off the wagon & put on the weight… males store most excess bodyfat on their torso, but it’s just a case on keep losing overall bodyfat… just keep going mate

The challenges have been great for me, good to have half a dozen at least regularly posting. I wonder if the decline in use of the forum has anything to do with the changes to how badges get awarded, only a smalll thing but means people don’t have that extra incentive to log on

Good point on the badges. People like to see some sort of reward however small. @emma1

I am forever thankful for this website.
It’s an integral reason why I’ve stayed on track on three years.

I reckon there are many reasons why we are seeing a drop off. Most will be difficult to ascertain

I think the issue of maintenance is difficult.
I was flying in early groups with all of us smashing it. ( with a few drop outs)

Now groups are often full of old timers who are effectively maintaining - I rarely note all calories, often miss the odd day , often don’t lose weight.

But the support I get from the groups mean I have stayed in one almost continually for three years. I’m guessing I’m not helping newer members in their quest to lose weight.

Also. Does it put off bigger guys if they are listening to us that have ‘ made it’ talking about loses in the 12 and 13 st bracket? Or whitening on about races and other sporting achievements that seem far away when you are starting out?
I hope that’s seen as a genuine question - not trying to be patronising. Not at all.

Could we look at the long term?
I would be happy to work with other long termers to see if we could improve things- assuming others feel there’s a need for a maintenance stage.

I guess it’s a case of working out what the issues are first and then being positive, constructive and remembering the values of the site that got us here.

Just my thoughts.

Sorry if I’m highjacking the thread!

I started this year at 319 pounds, the progress of some of the ‘long termers’ has been inspiring rather than offputting

What I mean is the ‘community’ feel of the forum has disapeared, especially compared to a few years back, it’s become more of a place to post MVF football results

Some of you guys might not see any difference if you’ve only been here less than 12-18 months or so

It was very different previously,

I know what you mean. I joined back in 2016 and you couldn’t keep up with the chat.

Ok- how about having a thread for long term maintainers? Would that help?
So you hit target, then pop into a longer term thread. The issues of maintaining are very different and in some ways tougher than losing.
If you feel like you need a top up (ie, another 30 day loss), you pop back to a group

It may give us a chance to focus on the issue of ensuring the lifestyle sticks, rather than pure weight loss?

Hi @maxnas

I need some advise. I am not sure if it is something a nutreionist can help with but I seem to crave sweet things or junk food I try and avoid it but can’t was wondering if you know anything simple techniques I can put into place as a that will help me beat these cravings.

Thanks

Alex