Best workout music?

Music and exercise are a pretty good match, but did you know that there’s some actual scientific reasoning to why you feel like you can push through a workout when you’ve got the right music coming through your headphones?

(click to enlarge)

A while back we asked people on Facebook to tell us their favourite workout songs, which I put into a playlist you can find on Spotify here - it’s a collaborative playlist, so add your faves!

If you can’t exercise without music (I feel you), why do you think it’s so effective? What are you loving at the moment?

4 Likes

Mountain climbs on rpm Playlists are epic. I’ll get the link so you can listen

So your just after a speed work track and these baby’s come on for the final track. As it says above a fatigue goes out the window

2 Likes

Anything heavy like Opeth, Gojira or Mastodon usually works for me.

8 Likes

MEETTTAAAAALLLLLLLL!!!

\m/,

10 Likes

Best music for weights definitely! Amon Amarth, cannibal corpse, slayer (seeing them in a few weeks)

5 Likes

Same!!! \m/,

3 Likes

I’m currently listening to Pantera but the most exercise I’m doing is a sort of jig at my desk. A metal jig, mind you.

I find that it doesn’t really matter what kind of music I listen to when exercising, as long as I know it really well. Only by Nine Inch Nails is my goto when I need a bit of motivation because it makes me feel like a badass :laughing:

4 Likes

I do love a metal and techno music playlist to get me moving in a morning, anything with a good BPM to keep me moving. I am also watching Slayer next month as well as Prodigy, I suspect my fitbit will be going into overdrive with the steps/skanking that will follow!

1 Like

Slipknot for me… always…

3 Likes

As someone who loves video games this is my go to weight lifting playlist
https://open.spotify.com/user/sosafer09/playlist/4fA8NM37HgujuKKcbD4vZG?si=kZZ4MrKzQFythFxt1nbeNg

1 Like

You go last night?

So are we saying audiobooks isn’t a good thing?

1 Like

No, I think it’s just that the studies mentioned didn’t even consider audiobooks. I can’t find anything scientific to back this up, but I think listening to audiobooks is a great idea because it’s quite a good way of distracting yourself.

Although I once tried to listen to an audiobook of the Hunger Games while at the gym and couldn’t keep up with it because I was so focused on what I was doing so probably more suited to things like walking/running

I went to the show in Cardiff on the 5th, was absolutely awesome though!

1 Like

Live to win by Paul Stanley. Should be man v fat’s official song if you ask me.

“Day by day, kicking all the way, I’m not giving in. Let another round begin: Live to win, till you die, till the light dies in your eyes. Take it all, just keep fighting till you fall”

I’m a rock/metal guy so anything by Metallica, Guns N Roses, Pantera etc does it for me.

3 Likes

SLAYER JUST ANNOUNCED TO PLAY DOWNLOAD!!!

YEEEEEESSSSSSSS!!!

Yes this is a complete sentence, let me post it ffs.

1 Like

They were truly epic at Manchester Arena last week, I may have to try and get to Download to see them play in the UK for the final time.

1 Like

I’ll be there in my Slayer t-shirt, Slayer hat, battle jacket with Slayer back patch…I need Slayer trousers and shoes!

They killed it in London too, such a good show.

So many metalheads on here, this is ace!

1 Like

I have various artists and genres on my running playlist but the tracks that I seem to up my levels whilst on is rocky 4 soundtrack. Some really good tracks on it. Also I listen to a few AC/DC tracks like back in black, thunderstruck.
I actually went for a run without my phone and had no music to listen to. My time suffered and didn’t feel as good with my run. Might just be me but I definitely run better listening to my music.