Challenge yourself. 20lb before Pancake day.Posters may be subjected to slagging and derision WEEK 6

Ok lads new week here for those still in the game.

Challenge yourself. 20lb before Pancake day.Posters may be subjected to slagging and derision WEEK 5

Morning. Realised I never posted yesterday. Had a good day food and exercise wise.

I’m down 4 lb from last week. So at last I’ve started to move again

Have a good day

Loss less than 1lb, but on 2300+ calories a day, I am close to seeing what my current maintenance figure is. Dropping to 1800 a day or less this week.

Disappointed with the result after probably my best week’s eating yet. Still, a loss is a loss.

Good luck on those scales today lads!

1.2 lbs down this week…slow and steady wins the race. Well it won’t of course win me the race to be first to shed the 20 pounds, but since I’m nearing within 9 lbs now of ultimate target I’m happy with week-on-week 1 lb losses. The fact that there’s no stalling is pleasing… I’m winning MY race.

5.5lbs down for the week which takes me to the 20lbs target. :tada:

Need to start slowing the weight loss down as I’ve added in more regular exercise. Upping the calories from tomorrow to see what I need to get to to regulate the losses to 2lbs a week.

There!..I said in my post I wasn’t going to ‘win’ the first passed the 20lb post ‘race’. Good losing @atb88. You are indeed a loser :joy::joy::joy:. Good man, well done.

Lost 1lb. That puts me at exact stone for what thats worth

I’ll weigh-in in the morning - don’t trust the hotel scales. I’m hoping to join @atb88 in the 20lb lost club. Fasting has certainly made him a fast loser.
I’ve got 8 weeks until my son’s 21st - I’d like to shed another 20lbs in that time too…then 14 weeks to a big wedding in France - is another 20lbs too much to ask? That’d be 60lbs in 6 months…I then have the rest of the year to lose the remaining 40lbs to hit 100 for 2019…Keeping focussed and working on short term wins (walking past the cookie jar) and long-term goals.

Nice one mate. Must be well chuffed with that and with 4 weeks to spare, hope you’re not going to ditch us though now you’ve hit it!

I don’t fast, mate. I’ve heard there are benefits to it though. Apparently anyway.

Bit disappointed I’m losing too quickly tbh, mate. Definitely won’t be ditching, this place keeps me going.

Why are you disappointed, do you think you won’t be able to maintain it?

Nah, I just want to slow it down so it’s a healthier rate of loss. Don’t wanna do damage to myself losing it this quickly.

Weighing in with almost a two pound loss. At my lowest so far in the challenge. Looking to amp it up eventually this week. Got myself a sinus infection and bronchitis, so not able to be active. Trying not to eat my boredom as I’ve been out of work the past couple of days.

Fair enough, I’m not good with this sort of thing. How is losing weight quickly bad for you? I’m only asking because I want to (and need to) lose a lot.

Numerous reasons - any calorie deficit is effectively starvation. If you’re not getting enough calories for your body to carry out its normal functions, you’re putting yourself at risk of complications.

Starving yourself could lead to binges which is obviously not conducive of what we’re trying to achieve and could lead to us going back to square one.

If you’re not getting enough calories, this could be that protein intake is low, which again, leads to many complications in itself.

When you’re in a calorie deficit, your body turns to its energy stores, aka burning fat. If I remember correctly, fat isn’t the best source for the body to use, so it could turn to burning muscle mass which again isn’t ideal.

Losing a healthy amount of weight, for example, 1 to 2lbs a week is also proven to be best for long term maintenance of a lower weight as you’re less likely to put weight back on.

I’m in no way a professional (although I’m thinking about studying to become one) so take my thoughts with a pinch of salt. Dr Google is always good, just make sure your sources are reliable. @maxnas who is a professional in this field and is also a diamond in this respect, has a question thread somewhere on here full of valuable information.

In addition to @atb88’s excellent points losing weight too quickly may contribute to loose skin.

I’m getting that anyway. :joy: