Constipation!

Hello,

I have been calorie counting for the last 4-5 months and have lost around 40lbs. The problem I’m having at the moment is suffering from constipation. I go for around 3 days or so without a bowel movement and when I do go I have to strain. During this time I feel bloated and heavy. I have been using a laxative (bisacodyl) on occasion to help with this and it works but I don’t want to have to rely on it.

My question is has anyone else suffered from this problem whilst calorie counting/diet and what did you do about it that has helped?

thanks,

Antoni.

chia seeds/psyllium husk seem to be the preferred solution if you don’t want to increase the fibre content of your diet.

Psyllium husk. A couple of spoonfuls in water. Drink quickly as it tastes… odd.

Eat more fibre, broccoli and any green veg, bran, prunes etc. Also drink loads of water!

Aah sorry 2 hear that. Tbh i had the opposite problem when i started cos i was filling up on plenty fruit. So i suppose that b my tip, plenty fruit cos its healthy n keep u regular, just watch out 4 the sugar!

Am no medical person but i suppose it can take ur body abit time 2 adjust in a new diet so hopefully it sorts itself out. Perhaps see the dr if it dont pick up soon.

Thank you for your replies. I was thinking it could be a fibre problem as I find it hard to get the recommended daily intake into my diet (which is think is 30g+). I will try some husk and drink more water see if that helps. Thanks again!

Psyllium Husk. Not the powder. Just the husk. 2tbsp in your porridge every day. Make sure you drink a glass of water with it.

Your poos will be of such a quality and consistency, you won’t know whether to flush them away, or mount them for display on the mantelpiece.

I went from going 3 or 4 times a day to just once every 3 or 4 days.

That is the difference between literally eating crap & not eating crap.