CTC - Coach Review Week 8 25/07/18

Hi all,

Congratulations this week goes to Sporting, Lion Bars and AC for their combined wins this week.

Week 8 stats of the week:

• Total weight loss of 6.8kg this week. Up 4.3kg from last week.
• Total weight loss 118.7kg overall for this season
Flapjacks record the most weight loss this week with a total of 5.9kg. All players in their team, who turned up this week recorded a loss, so a great team effort here!
Spartans lead the way with 28.8kg lost in total. Porky Blinders are just behind with 26kg, followed by Sporting with 20.8kg.
• 2 hattricks were scored this week, and also a 5%!
• A total of 9 own goals are now recorded. This is the highest for the season. As we are over the half way point of the season we need to look at resolving this. With 6 weeks to go there is still time. Think about what you want to achieve in the 14 weeks of this season. Do you want to end the season on a gain or do you want to achieve success?
• Overall 56% of players who weighed in this week recorded a weight loss, however 38% gained and the rest stayed at the same weight.

Nutritional Information

Looking at some of your diets this week – some of you are making the decision to eat less. While this is great to do, what you are actually eating will affect your scale weight.

Proportions now play a big part in this. For example – If you have 3 healthy meals but also eat a packet of crisps and a chocolate bar, the bad stuff only builds a small percentage of your diet.

If instead you had 1 unhealthy meal, the packet of crisps and chocolate bar, while this would be LESS calories, you are gaining nothing nutritional here which won’t necessarily mean you will loss weight, and you certainly won’t lose body fat as your fat content is still high.

To combat this, think about WHAT you are eating as well as HOW MUCH. Make sure you have at least a small amount of protein in each meal. Carbs are not the enemy, just use them around when you need energy and this will make them more efficient. Replace unhealthy fats with nuts, oils and avocado in small doses. Finally, vegetables need increasing! It’s so easy to buy different packs of frozen veg, you can cook them for 3 minutes in the microwave and… done!! I mix spinach, leeks, green beans, peas, and peppers into every meal I have. SIMPLE!

http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/22371/mealtimes/lunch/budget/for-work/slideshow/cheap-healthy-lunch-ideas-for-work/?recipeId=258091

Star of the week

This week’s star goes to Darren Shakespeare of Sporting for hitting his 5%! Well done and well deserved!

Congrats also go to Rich Bridgewood of Porky Blinders for the biggest weight loss this week, great effort lads!

Team of the week

Congrats to weight loss our top 6 who make up our team of the week!

Summary

Over half way through the season we have a mixture of great success stories, mixed with a few players on the other end of the scale (no pun intended).

Fortunately, there is still 6 weeks left of the season, 6 chances to turn things around and become a success. I would like to see those of you in this situation bringing your books in now and being stricter with what you are doing if you want to achieve a loss this season.

I will have a look at these and in the meantime I’m available to give help wherever needed.

Have a good week!

All the best,
Ade