Day 7 - Tue 18th August

“It’s not that some people have willpower and some don’t. It’s that some people are ready to change and others are not.” ~James Gordon

Looks like my weight is heading back down in the right direction following the revenge of the calzone yesterday morning!

It’s a gym day today so no cycle commute, which is just as well to give my bum a little respite.

I am getting cravings now. Not as in right now as I just had breakfast which was lovely but a general food lust which I am going to go out on a limb and identify as the point in which I normally fail my diet attempts. I guess this is where I knuckle down and push through the imaginary barrier I impose on myself.

It’s not like the cravings will be satisfied with more vegetables, salad or even meat. It’s more of an unnerving gluttonous self-sabotaging impulse that washes over me and screams “Bread” “Butter” “Chocolate” “Ice Cream” “Crisps” “Beer” - Then again “BEER”
nothing I actually need…

A challenging few days lie ahead.

Keep it going gents.

I know exactly what you mean about the cravings - mine is usually cake, cake, beer, bread, cake!

Good start today though - porridge with banana, lovely. Just fruit during the day because the kids are at Grandparents overnight so we’re out for an Italian (must resist the Calzone!!)

I find the points system easy to follow. You’re given points based on weight (they reduce as you lose). Everyone gets 49 points to use whenever in a week and, at the moment, I’m on 47 per day. Most fruit and vegetables are 0 points as are diet drinks. My porridge this morning was 5 points, one piece of bread is 2 points - the app on the phone lets you track points and has them all in there - or there’s a fizzy calculator on the app that works out the points from the nutritional values. So yes, the less points the better!