Signed up yesterday so not yet assigned to a group, But why wait? Today’s plan:
0) Starting point (750am): 85.2kg in shreddies and socks, after poo. BTW, I’m 5’8", so BMI = 28.
- Just like an athlete, strive for a personal best (PB) today, without worrying unduly about tomorrow, except for…
- START WITH WHY* I’m doing this? (a) So that next time and every time there’s a chance to do active stuff with my grandkids (x4, ages 8, 4, 4 and 3), I have enough energy to take that chance and, when I do, I can keep up with them or, when it gets competitive, still beat them. (b) Because yesterday, I overdid lunch with two pieces of white toast with butter and marmalade, then scoffed about 10 After Eights that Mrs GA found at the back of a cupboard. (*With thanks and acknowledgement to author Simon Sinek)
- Breakfast: None needed, not hungry. Water and tea will get me to 1230pm without difficulty.
- Mid-morning exercise (1030am): After a productive 2.5hr work session, 30-min walk-run using CouchTo5k app. 250ml whole milk recovery drink. Water. Return here for a browse.
- Lunch: Poached egg, smoked mackerel, lots of salad with toasted seeds sprinkled on top. Zero carbs. Water.
- Afternoon reward (430pm): 100g full fat organic yogurt with 20g peanut butter (melted) stirred in. Water.
- Tea (730pm, I’m a northerner) when Mrs GA gets home from work: Cottage pie topped with sliced courgette rather than spuds, lots of above ground green veg. Water. Return here and post end-of-day-zero summary. Relax.
- Bedtime: Water & redbush tea. Sleep like a contented baby.
- Repeat six days a week.
SIMPLES. There are five weeks until 23 December. Do this 30 times by then, lose 5kg, find nearly new 32" waist trousers at back of wardrobe and wear them. Meanwhile, don’t tell anyone at home, just wait and see if/when they notice changes for the better (not just weight, but mood, enthusiasm, getting-more-done, etc).
Best wishes to fellow MvFs, especially fellow debutants.