Easy Soup Recipe

Cold days=hot soup
This recipe can be used for all sorts of occupations, whether you take it in a tupperware are reheat in a microwave, or heat it up at home and keep it warm in a thermoflask if you don’t have access to a microwave for your job.
Main ingredients: one diced onion, one diced potato (medium size) 4-6 medium carrots or 6-10 smaller & one stock cube.

1. fry the onion in a saucepan using a 1kcal spray until soft (5-10mins)
  2. Add the sliced carrots and diced potato then cover with approx 800ml-1L of hot stock
  3. Season with pepper and ground coriander and bring to the boil then add a lid and simmer for 15-20 minutes until vegetables are cooked then remove from heat.
    4)Blitz together in a food processor or using a hand held blender
  4. Add water if needed
  5. Enjoy (this can produce around 3-4 servings)
    Alternatively you can replace the carrot and potato for a sweet potato and buttenut squash (add chilli flakes) or you could replace the carrots for broccoli.
2 Likes

Yep I like soup as a meal. Especially homemade as it tastes better and is healthier.

To make things easier at the start I tend to chop an onion into about 4 pieces then stick it in the microwave on full power for 3 mins. No need to finely chop it if it’s going to be blended.

2 Likes

Good tip. I’ll use that next time to save me some time, thanks mate.

1 Like

Onions make the world go round! The basis of just about every country’s cuisine.

1 Like