Exercise to Destroy Abdominal Fat?

Hey there,

First off, I’m a newbie both to the forum and to fitness. I’m looking for a bit of help as the internet likes to say one thing and then immediately disagree in the next page.

So here is the problem; I’m gifted in that I have a lot of natural muscle (13 stone of pure muscle!), the problem is that its hidden under belly fat that likes to hang around. Another problem is that I’m starting to get a little impatient recently. I’ve been on a diet and gym program now for a week and can feel a difference already but the visceral fat/belly, chest and back fat are putting up a good fight.

I currently jog about 3 miles in a workout at the gym but I’ve heard that cardio isn’t the best for fat loss; that I should weight/resistance train instead. Can someone tell me the best way to loose this fat to see the muscle I’ve been working so hard on for a long time (longer than this program)?

Thanks!

You can’t spot reduce in my experience. The best bet is a combination if strength training and cardio. I’ve also heard that straight cardio doesn’t get as good a result as interval training when trying to shed weight. So, for example, if you’re running 3 miles at…whatever pace…you’re better off running it in bursts…add some 100 m sprints or hills than just staying at one pace. I’m no expert though…just personal experience and reading. Good luck!

2 Likes

You can’t really focus the area of weight loss, by reducing your body fat % you will lose fat in general, but everybody’s body stores it differently and it sounds like around the abdominal area is the last place to shift for you. Your best best to lose the weight is a combination of diet and exercise.

HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) I’ve heard is a good place to start to get yourself out of a plateau or to kickstart the weightloss, but in my experience diet is the most important thing.

1 Like

Abs are made in the kitchen

1 Like

I echo the other responses - despite what all the infomercials say, there is not exercise, machine or even food that will “destroy body fat.” You need to be at a caloric deficit in order to lose weight. If you’re exercising - including cardio and strength training - then you’ll keep your lean muscle as you lose the body fat.

Getting into better physical shape is a long-term process, so be very, very patient. If you’re already frustrated after a week, you need to calm down. Calculate your current body fat percentage, then figure out what body fat percentage you need to achieve for your overall goal, then figure out the body weights involved as you put together a plan. Check out the newcomer post for some good general information, and I also have a blog post that talks about losing fat.

Good luck!

Belly fat is more difficult to reduce. Therefore, in addition to regular exercise exercises (such as running), you need to add additional exercises for the abdomen (such as tablet support). In the diet, low sugar and high fiber are necessary. You can find many dietary suggestions on Google. In sports, I recommend Burpees, Mountain Climbers, Sprawls. Keeping exercising every day is the key. If you can cooperate with the Ab weight loss belt, you will be able to see the effect in the next month.

Well that’s the dumbest shit I’ll read on the internet today.

1 Like

To be fair, most of the post was.

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)