Fear of Treadmill Noise

treadmill

I am not new to working out on a treadmill but I have recently started more often. Does anyone else feel like they make a lot of noise when walking and running on a treadmill? I’ve gotten to the point where if I run I take out my earbuds because I feel like it sounds like a heard of elephants coming through the gym. I’m thinking it has to do with my form but it could just be my weight.

Take no notice of it mate. You are doing your own thing, the same as everyone else in there.

I was doing squats a week or two back with 45kg bar … I had to ask one of the bigger boys in the free weights room to help me lift it onto my shoulders. :scream:
Everyone is at different levels, has different targets and is working at a different pace. Keep doing your own thing and soon you’ll be prancing about like a gazelle :+1:t2:

@ncz5172

So pleased someone else brought this up! Yes, I absolutely hate the noise of my feet smashing the treadmill to bits.

To alleviate the problem, I would highly recommend the best pair of trainers you can afford, and wearing some headphones when you work out, so you cant hear yourself. Wearing Asics running shoes pretty much stopped the impact noise.

At the end of the day though, most gyms pump out some shit music TV station 24-7, so I’d be surprised if anyone else was getting annoyed with your feet noise.

On a slightly unrelated note… I get a bit wound up with people dropping weights sometimes, it always makes me jump!

I’ll try not to take notice, I’m just a worrier :fearful:

I looked hard and was surprised it hasn’t been brought up before! My home gym is definitely loud enough but the hotel gym I am currently utilizing is so quiet you could hear a pin drop.

As far as the shoes, I will take a look at what’s out and available. I have a pair of Nike’s but I didn’t buy them specifically for running.

Sing along to your music…nobody will comment on the sound of your hooves :sunglasses:

Haha! I’ll be sure to let you know when I successfully clear the room :joy: