Halloween Challenge - Week 5

Here we go for another week, don’t forget to update the weigh in thread.

8.25lbs lost, all that water weight gone and my new lowest weight of my adult life.

5 Likes

Weighed in yesterday.

Today a new regime started, currently just sitting down for my evening meal & that takes me to just 1181 calories so far for the day.

B: Apple
L: Spicy Chicken/Mango Salad, Yogurt, French Fries crips
D: Chicken, mushrooms, tomatoes, onions & peppers in a sticky pineapple & chilli sauce & a bread roll.

Might have another yogurt with some fruit yet but best day I have had for controlling food for a long while.

Edit: went for yogurt, banana, fibre one 90 & another packet of french fries.

Ended the day on 1549 calories. Decent.

1 Like

B: N/A
L: Wicked Kitchen wrap, Hula Hoops, maple and pecan pastry.
D: 12" vegan Subway.
S: N/A
E: N/A
W: Over 6 litres + Lucozade sugar free.

Weighed in the same as last week.

Was a typical week for me in the last 6 months. i.e. Weight remaining static because of food binges and sweet food addiction being balanced out with lots of exercise and good meals/spells of eating

Slightly higher today but that’s because I left breakfast at home so resorted to McDonalds.

Still under 1800 for the day.

Oh and yesterday’s

Not a good day, eaten my feelings and will pay for it on weigh day if I don’t reign it in now.

B: Feta, tomato, mushroom, egg and spinach panini, hash browns.
L: Jackfruit wrap, 2 boiled eggs with spinach.
D: 3 vegetarian sausages, roast potatoes, mashed carrots and parsnips, peas, cauliflower cheese, gravy.
S: Dark chocolate popcorn, 99 ice cream.
W: Over 8 litres.

Not a bad day so far. Feel like I’ve done really well this week but did what I should do and stepped on the scales mid week and it doesn’t show a loss yet, if anything a slight gain! Oh well, I’ll wait till weigh in day to really worry.

Anyway, food wise yesterday

Breakfast; boiled egg (70 cal)
Lunch: Mac & Cheese ready meal (400cal)
Dinner; Chicken Tikka Naan with yoghurt and Mango Chutney and Reeses ice cream. (Slightly higher cal dinner than usual but it’s friday!) - about 900cal.
Snacks; Levi Roots Crisps (200cal) and a boiled egg (70cal)
Exercise - 20 mins on cross trainer (-250cal)

Went over my food goal slightly to have a meal I really enjoyed but still under because I managed to get my fat arse to the gym this morning :laughing:

1 Like

Better day today, still probably a little too much but I’ll make it up over the next few days.

B: Biscoff spread sandwich.
L: Cheese and onion quiche, salad, light mayo, strawberries with Greek yoghurt.
D: 3 vegetarian sausages, roast potatoes, stuffing, broccoli, cauliflower, roasted peppers, mushrooms and onions, gravy.
S: Dairy Milk 30% less sugar.
W: Over 8 litres + 3 black decaf coffees.

1 Like

Done for the day.

It’s missing the obligatory dog walk but not taking another screenshot.

You had less than 1700 calories, you did great.

Cheers mate. MyFitness pal says I should aim for about 1,540 per day so bit higher than I was aiming for.

You’re only slightly lighter than me though… Lose It is allocating me 1800 calories to lose 1kg a week…

Weird that two different apps give us massively different figures. Mine is to lose 2lb a week though.

I used to find with Lose It that if I set it to lose 0.5kg (currently 2300), I lost very little (better since changing job, but those figures are supposed to be without exercise), yet when set on lose 1kg, I quite often lose more than the kg.

I tried MVP ages ago & another one (can’t even remember the name) but LoseIt just has an interface I like more.

Be interesting to see the next weighin after a couple of recent (albeit small) gains…

The other way I go with, is to check via the NHS BMI checker.

Current weight, etc, and where it gives a calorie range, I take 500 off the lower figure, which would give a tiny amount extra, but it does make me feel I am in the right range.

Anyway, basically like I was saying, don’t beat yourself up over one day either way.

Yesterday was not a good day. I forgot that I had chocolate during the day. Probably at least 500cals worth on top of what I had accounted for. I found a shop that sold a kilo bag of Cadbury Roses Hazel Swirl for a fiver, which not only is a bargain, but its also the best flavour of all of the Roses sweets (not even up for debate - don’t @ me as you will never change my mind). I thought I’d be able to eat it in line with my daily calories and stretch it out for a while.

Anyway
Breakfast - 2 x egg and 2 x slices of toast (egg & soldiers) - 342 kcal
Lunch - 6 inch chicken Rotisserie from Subway on Italian bread with mayo - approx 370 cals
Dinner - 2 x crispy chicken fajitas with Guacamole - 612 Calories
Snacks - Green and Blacks chocolate bar - 210 calories and the Roses as mentioned before… Literally could be anything from 500-1000 calories in chocolate. I didn’t keep count of how many I had but I know it was A LOT.

Better again. Avoided the unhealthy delights in the train shop somehow.

B: N/A
L: Cheese and chutney sandwich, Popchips.
D: Cheese and falafel salad with mayo.
S: N/A
E: Couch to 5k week 7 run 1.
W: Over 8 litres.

Over the 1800 today, but under the old 2300.

Not bothered, wanted bacon, egg, toast, mushrooms for breakfast rather than fruit.
And had donner meat this evening.

So that’s where most of the additional calories came from, but it’s my only day off between 3 days at work either side so all good.

Next day off is Thursday & weighin day.

Rejoined MANvFAT Football too, just in time for registration tonight.

Accountability.

1 Like