I need to get back on it after a gain 😮

westbromwich

So it’s hit me again I’ve had that week where I get a gain :neutral_face::neutral_face::neutral_face: proper sets you back I had 4 losses leading up to this week then bang …
I need to refocus anyone have any tips…

Did your gain put you over your start weight? Probably not. Just keep doing what you’ve been doing for the 4 weeks you lost, mate. Ups and downs are natural, albeit frustrating. I gained 0.5lbs last week and lost 10lbs this week, all but confirming last week’s gain was most likely fluid retention and 100% confirming this week’s loss was not just fat!

Don’t beat yourself up about it, don’t go off the rails and do enjoy life! If you remain consistently in a calorie deficit, you’ll lose weight over time, think of the long game. You’re in the right place so keep it up!

Just get back after it!

I honestly believe that a gain is a great chance to push on, we all have them, especially if you’re in it for the long haul, as @atb88 says there are so many factors that fluctuate your weight it’s the long term trend that really matters!

I went through a period of weighing myself every day, the fluctuation was as much 4/5lbs some days, I don’t do it now as it’s a bit much and found it playing on my mind more than it should but it if nothing else it proved that the scale is only a snapshot of the moment you step onto it

You’ve been losing consistently so you’re doing it right, just stick with it