If not football what do you do?

Man v Fat Football is a great idea and has helped a lot of us to loose weight. Not all the guys here are into football. If you are not what are you into exercise wise? As I have said before I used to be a competitive ballroom dancer at a very high amateur level. I teach a little now. I like dance as a whole as well.
What is your thing?

1 Like

Strength traing & lots of walking

2 Likes

I do road cycling, not as glamourous as ballroom dancing although it does involve skimpy lycra outfits!

1 Like

Swimming for me
Doing some triathlons this year but love swimming

1 Like

Cycling, mostly on the road, often on a recycled railway line.
Gym.

1 Like

Hate football with a passion @peterhothersall83 , and couldn’t run with a ball more than I could fit into a Formula One car cockpit.

For me, SpIn Class, Rowing/Treadmill, outdoor cycling when the weather allows and currently doing some home based weights and body weight exercises.

2 Likes

Touch rugby with a mixed group of people - some much younger and fitter than me. The competitive element helps me push myself a little harder than I would otherwise. Also it’s fun!

2 Likes

Cycling - the only form of exercise I actually enjoy and thus WANT to do

2 Likes

Interesting to hear what guys do

Much interesting. Football can be the way of weight loss. :slight_smile:

1 Like

up until very recently, I’d have told you that exercise wasn’t my thing. But I actually went to the range a couple weeks back. And that exposed some major areas where I was lacking strength. So I’m doing 5 push ups, where I touch my nose to the ground and come back up. And I’m doing 10 push ups. I’m not sure what other exercises to do though. I do want to exercise more then my upper body, if I could help it. I think I need to talk to a PT, about exercising different parts of my body at different days/times.

I’m also trying to get 5k steps a day on my smart watch. Its not a perfect system, since the watch itself is a pebble 2. But its something at least. Mostly I do 2k before I eat lunch. Just walk around my companies block.

2 Likes

I’ve really enjoyed sociable summer touch rugby in the past. Really should find somewhere to pick this up again.
Recently been exercising alone, (running, bodyweight etc) and missing the comradery and competitive element.

2 Likes

Here you go mate, exactly what you’re looking for :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Squash every wednesday night and being trying to go for runs with the other half. The squash has caused me some back issues so thinking of knocking that on the head.

I love football with a passion!
Apart from that, kung fu, boxing, body combat, dumbbells, walking, trying to add some running. The pools have just reopened here so fancy getting a few swims in too.

1 Like

Thanks man. But I’m never going to a gym. Just not going to happen.

Can you do these exercises at home w/out any equipment?

Sure, bodyweight versions of a leg exercise (squat), push (push up variation) & pull (pull up variation)

Give those terms a google, you’ll find tons of bodyweight versions of squatting, pushing & pulling movements

I’ll be making a simple body-weight workout template soon :slight_smile:

1 Like

Burpees are a pretty good workout too. They can incorporate a push up and then a squat followed by a jump when back on your feet. The simplest burpee can be developed into quite a routine.

1 Like

If it’s not football, I enjoy squash

I’ve also been playing Sqaush, had to stop for back pain though