Joondalup league week 1

Welcome Joondalup league players to the Man V Fat Program and congratulations on starting your journey to a better and healthier you.
Remember to start filling in your food diary books and do not forget to bring them each week.
No weight loss to report to you guy’s this week as initial weigh in’s were only taken this week after confirmation of enough players for the 4 x five a side teams. Any mates that want to join up direct them to the man v fat website asap and I’ll fit them in to the current teams so we have a substitute or two.

Recovery

Some of you might still be sore from sprinting around the pitch on last night and are still trying to recover. Doing some light stretching won’t only aid you in recovery, but also prevent future injuries. The main muscles to focus on would be your quads (thighs), hamstrings (back of legs) and calves. I have attached a link for some stretches that are helpful for these muscles.

coachup.com

The 10 Best Stretches for Total Body Flexibility

No matter your activity level or age, you can benefit from committing 10-15 minutes towards getting a good stretch in every day.

To try and prevent injuries, please do take care by making sure you continue to warm up properly before games and with some stretching after a game. Think about the long term goal and make sure you keep within your own limits. Getting injured and being unable to participate will restrict your progression.

Game Day Goals and Weight Goals, Bonus scores and How They Work

On match day the goals scored by the team are combined with the team’s individual weight scores. These weight scores are:

0.5 goal to be added to the team’s match score per individual on the team who lost weight

If one individual player has lost weight three weeks in a row, this is known as a HAT TRICK and adds 1 bonus goal to their team.

If a player has a 5% or 10% weight loss , a bonus of 3 goals is added to the team’s final score

For instance a player from “Team A” loses 5% of their body weight, after losing weight 3 weeks in a row, the player adds a 0.5 goal for losing weight that week, 3 goals for losing 5% of their body weight AND 1 goal bonus for their HAT TRICK totalling 4.5 additional goals for the team (on top of those scored on the pitch).

Deductions:

We can’t just reward the good stuff, so to keep you all motivated we have some deductions, which include:

A YELLOW CARD – if an individual player has not brought their booklet, any weight scores achieved DO NOT COUNT

An OWN GOAL – if an individual player has gained weight from their registration weight , 1 goal is subtracted from the team score.

I hope this may clarify the rules and goal-scoring system for you guys, but please if you have any issues regarding anything to do with entered weights or overall points, please message me on WhatsApp so I can look into it and if necessary fix it as soon as possible.

Coach Craig