Just signed up to the Sheffield league

sheffield

Alright Gents?

Newbie here! I’m monkey, 33 (years old, not stone - although there’s not much difference to be fair!)

I heard about Man v Fat from a friend in the Stoke area who had heard of what you’ve been doing there. I seriously LOVE the idea.

I’ve signed-up to the Sheffield league (I’m a little way away, but it was my nearest) which is still only a ‘planned’ league.

Does anyone know the numbers required to start the league, and how many we currently have signed-up?

Cheers,
Monkey

Hi there @monkey - great to have you on board.

Before you go any further, be sure to read our new member post - it will be your go to guide for starting out with MVF.

There is actually a live league up and running already in Stoke if that is something you’d have been interested in. Here is the link.

Anyway, to touch base with your original question, for a league to get up and running we need 20 players signed up and paid before the wheels can be put fully into motion. This is what usually puts a league starting quickly on hold because many people are interested and wait on concrete details. The main thing is the more that register - the quicker it will get up and running - so if you have any friends or colleagues who may be interested - refer them over! If you do it from the league homepage you can give your friends 50% off MAN v FAT Football Registration and get £5 credit at the MAN v FAT Shop!

In the meantime, keep checking the forum for inspirational weight loss tips and tricks, and any other questions give me a shout.

All the best,
Amos M

How many have currently registered their interest in a Sheffield league? It’d be handy to know how close we are to being able to launch…

currently 16 so certainly not far away from the 20 required now!

The main thing is the more that register - the quicker it will get up and running - so if you have any friends or colleagues who may be interested - refer them over! If you do it from the league homepage you can give your friends 50% off MAN v FAT Football Registration and get £5 credit at the MAN v FAT Shop!

Two months on…

Any new sign-ups? How many do we have now?

Don’t know if I’m showing on the league. I signed up originally but transferred to Nottingham as the Sheffield league want going anywhere.
I’d be looking to do both as long as it wasn’t a Friday night

Hi just registered
Not sure what is next?

Is there many in league.

Cheers

Hi @Coxy81 - The League is definitely on! https://www.manvfatfootball.org/sheffield

The new league will kick off with the Registration Night at the end of the month, you will be contacted by the coaches soon.

About time! Sadly I cancelled my subscription due to the lack of progress in setting-up the league.

I’ve just looked and seen the location, which unfortunately is too far away for me.

Buuuut, I’ve seen that you have a Doncaster league and a Rotherham league. These are already up-and-running (extremely disappointing that no-one had the foresight to update this thread to let us know when those league were being planned!!).

I’ll keep checking periodically to see when the Donny or Rotherham leagues are next open for newbies. But to be honest, the serious lack of organisation here leaves a bitter taste.

Hi @monkey - drop an email over to football@manvfat.com, we can then switch you over to Doncaster or Rotherham, so that you are on their waiting list.

Cheers

looking forward to this starting having recently signed up, is this on track to start on time @MvFFootballHelp ?

Noticed there’s no coach listed and haven’t had any contact as yet (appreciate it doesn’t appear to be scheduled til the end of the month).

Hi @MjF - As far as I know, Sheffield should be going ahead as planned, @admin ?