London Marathon - 28th April 2019

The London Marathon is now only 25 days (and counting) away and I wanted to firstly say thanks again to everyone that has given me their ‘pearls of wisdom’ and supported me so far.

Thanks also to anyone that has donated to my JustGiving page – I set a target of £3,000 and as at today’s date I am at £2,422 which is amazing!!!

I have tried to raise as much as I can for Prostate Cancer UK and my family also held a charity Quiz Night last Saturday where we raised £1,076, so it looks like I will ‘smash’ through my target. When you consider that it costs £1,000 to pay for a week’s worth of research into better ways to treat, diagnose and prevent prostate cancer, this is when it hits home how important the fund raising really is.

Training wise, despite a few niggling injuries, I have now completed a few 10k’s and two half marathons, with one more to come before the big day later this month (that sounds scary in itself….)

As I am on the finishing straight, so to speak (hopefully I will get that far on the 28th), if anyone else would like to donate, my JustGiving page is:

Thanks again

Darren