Low calorie ice cream

I haven’t been able to get hold of Halo Top yet.
But we have plenty of Breyers for the next few weeks.

Forget it all, because Ben & Jerry’s are bringing out their own low-cal range:

Caramel Cookie Fix and Chocolate Cookie Dough - 128 cals and 132 cals per 100ml!

Isn’t that roughly double these other brands?

Ah, well, yes…but I’m trusting Ben & Jerry’s to be way nicer than the Halo Top I tried so if it is it’ll be totally worth it

Tried ‘OPPA’ mint choc yday. Has ingredients including a ‘plant from south china’ - it was a bit rank. I thought going for the madagascar vanilla flavour would have been too basic… :neutral_face:

I maintain the best Breyers is Cookies & Cream.

Refusing to pay a fiver for Halo Top, and with plenty of Breyers in the freezer, I can wait for a decent offer again.

Back on offer… £2.50 a tub at Tesco!

https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/search?query=breyers

Halo Top down to 3.50 at Tesco.

So finally got to try it as the only other time was at launch & was forever out of stock.

It has better texture than Breyers.
The cinnamon roll flavour… OMG

The cinnamon one is the best of all the low-cal ice cream I’ve tried. I finally got around to trying the low-cal Ben and Jerry’s and it was really disappointing :frowning:

I have tried both pictured and they are spot on.

Buying other flavours tomorrow to go with what is left.

The pregnant one also likes them as she now has gestational diabetes. Wretched pregnancy.

Hello fellow ice cream enthusiasts!

There are three new Halo Top flavours! Birthday cake, red velvet cake and oatmeal cookie.

I personally LOVE the Ben & Jerry’s birthday cake flavour so I’m hoping the Halo Top one is as nice but according to someone on Instagram it doesn’t have any cake bits in :open_mouth:

OH and important things:

• Birthday cake, 280 cals
  • Oatmeal cookie, 280 cals
  • Red velvet, 360 cals

…for the whole tub :raised_hands:

Oh my god I am so going to be in for those.

Shame the offer has ended for now but oh well.

Edit: scrap that. TESCO TAKE MY MONEY

You really like your ice cream @emma!

Personally, I think these low cal brands would take me DANGEROUSLY close to the freezer with Haagen Dazs full fat & sugar Salted Caramel Flavour, which is on a level with actual sex as far as I’m concerned!

I’d just cave in.

Mind you, I think even Haagen Dazs do a non-dairy one as of this year? Anyone tried them?

haagen-dazs-ice-cream

Tesco delivery, including a freezer topup.
Not as bad as being addicted to cigarettes.

I also spy 2 new flavours from the Breyers range…

Halo Top definitely has the better texture though.

Aldi has a new range of high protein, low calorie ice cream at half the price of Halo Top. Unfortunately it is only available in the US at the moment. Hopefully it will not be to long before it reaches the UK.

Haha, I just keep seeing these things and remembering this thread! My freezer is nowhere near as impressive as @Darren_Welch’s though :wink:

Oh god salted caramel Haagen-Dazs is the BEST THING EVER. The caramel brownie is a close second slobber

Surprised I have any left, the pregnant one has taken a liking to them, even more so with gestational diabetes. :astonished::astonished::astonished:

Nah we share a tub at least twice a week.

@emma

Update!

Had some Carte D’or Salted Caramel ice cream yesterday, just no way near as good at the H Dazs, was actually appalled at how much it wasn’t Haagen Dazs!