Man v Fat 11-a-side Football Games

Hi All
I have set up a new Man v Fat facebook page ‘Man v Fat - 11 a-side’ which can be joined by any Man v Fat players, but is designed for the arranging of 11 a-side matches between Man v Fat teams around the country. We would like to get as many Man v Fat locations represented as we are looking at the possibility of setting up a regional/national 11 a-side tournament.
The idea will be that we will split the teams into geographical groups of approximately 6 teams. The teams will then play home and away fixtures against all the other teams in the league. At the end of the season the top two teams from each league will qualify for the next stage. This is when we will need to go a bit further afield to play against teams from other regions. Eventually it is hoped that we would be able to hold a final at a suitable location.
I would really like to try and get something in place to start at the beginning of 2020 and then complete the group stages within the first 6 months of the year, then go on to the knockout stages over the remaining 6 months.
Please feel free to join the group and get some games arranged
Cheers

Sounds like a great idea. Hopefully Durham Riverside league know about this and will be represented.

Sounds like a great idea I’ve asked the boys in my league(nottingham league) if they be up for it and most of them are we have our 2nd 11 aside game coming up on 15th September vs Doncaster

Good idea, I think Leeds lads would put a team up

the more teams that we have involved the better, so that we can try and make it a truly national competition. There are plenty of teams not too far from Leeds that already have teams set up.

Exeter would be keen I think!

Can’t find the facebook group, have you got a link?

https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?q=man%20v%20fat%20-%2011%20a-side&epa=SEARCH_BOX

I’m a new member at Liverpool and I’ll mention it tomo :+1:t2: