MAN v FAT Football Banbury League

banbury

Welcome MAN v FAT Footballers,

Thank you for registering for the MAN v FAT Football Banbury League this page will serve as a great place to meet your future team mates (and opposition) as well as keep up-to-date with all news and updates relevant to your league.

Your league details are:

League Name: FREE PLACES AVAILABLE - Banbury

Registration Location: Banbury Academy, Ruskin Road, Banbury OX16 9HY

Registration Date/Time: TBC

League Venue Details: Banbury Academy, Ruskin Road, Banbury OX16 9HY

League Start Date/Time: TBC

All of these details and the latest information about your league (including photos, videos, scores, stats and more) can be found on your league homepage, which you can find here www.MANvFATFootball.org/banbury

Some other places that you might want to take a look at are our MAN v FAT Shop for all of your official league merchandise - shop

The MAN v FAT website is also rammed with information, motivation, recipes, funny stuff and advice and you can find that here - MAN v FAT

You’ll also notice the Amazing Loser section and you should know that all of the Amazing Losers we profile are members of this forum so you can message them directly to ask for more information. It forms the largest social network of men supporting each other’s weight loss anywhere on the web, and it’s a massive support for your own weight loss journey.

If you haven’t yet signed up for your pre-season emails then these will take you through a number of useful elements - Subscribe

Don’t forget too to register your own unique referral URL which you can do here - this means that you can share that URL and we track all sign ups. So you get paid £5 for everyone who joins through your link. The person you refer also gets 50% off their registration - it’s the ultimate win-win.

If you have any questions please feel free to browse our MAN v FAT Football FAQ. If you still can’t find the answers your looking for then feel free to ask us below and we will get back to you.

I would also strongly recommend having a good look around the forum as it is jam-packed with great info, expert advice and tips to help you get going and be successful. Here is a great place to start - the ultimate new user post. You should also know that you can get advice from PTs and dietitians directly on this forum by visiting the Ask a PT Anything and Ask a Qualified Dietician anything threads. If you want to know how to do something on the forum such as upload an image or insert a video then check out the Forum FAQ

Finally be sure to introduce yourself by replying below so you can get to know your fellow league members. You will find plenty of chaps in the same situation as yourself all looking to come together to lose weight, get healthy and get back to enjoying football again.

We look forward to welcoming you at registration.

Ben Gallon

MAN v FAT League Manager

Hey

My name is Reece ill be paying soon to join this league, Im just really excited to get back into football !

And hope to meet some good people along the way !

Hi,
My name is Kevin - looking forward to playing football again after a LONG time! I also need to lose weight so this is a win win for me

hello is it possible turn up and sign up on the registration day
Thanks

Hi @mphelpse
You will need to have registered first on the website - they will be unable to take new registrations on the day.

http://www.manvfatfootball.org/banbury

I have signed up :slight_smile: Is the watsapp group set up yet?

Hi All, I’m Lee - over the last 4-5 years I have let my weight develop into the beauty that you will see before you. I became a daddy in August for the first time, and I’d like to get fitter and shred some pounds. Look forward to playing.

Really looking forward to playing after a long time off !

What do we wear on the first day ? What type of boots do i need to buy ?

Evening All, has anyone done this before? I haven’t played in around 10years and have got ridiculously big and need to start shifting the weight but I am genuinely worried I will hold people back rather than help? Plus I would be signing up on my own and there’s a fear I’ll just be joined a team who already have a connection and again just be in the way? Or just getting ran around by everyone :sweat_smile:

Any help from people who have done this sort of thing before or feel like their in a similar situation?

Hey mate,

I haven’t played in about 5 years either.

I don’t know a single person either i have signed up on my own as well and feel the same as you i feel completely out of place and 100% feel i will be out played with ease by everyone there.

Hi Chaps. Looking forward to meeting you all on the 27/9.
Haven’t played competitively or socially for many years. Since becoming a Dad I have been looking for some way to get my weight back under control.
I’m relatively new to Banbury so looking forward to playing some football and getting to know my new ream mates.

Do we need to bring anything at regristration ?

Did everyone receive the email saying its not on anymore. Gutted.
If this still is not going ahead i still really want to get back into football, So would anyone be up for hiring the pitch and splitting the cost between us ?

Even if it is just for a kick about once a week? Or if we have enough players turn up we can make a small game?

Here is my number if anyone wants to get this done.

I also would be okay to have a kick about before the league starts. I’ve messaged Reece. Come on lads. Be brave!

Got your message mate!

Come on everyone like mark said it would be good to have a kick about .

Hi mate, I am in the same boat as you! I’ve had 1hr kickabout in the last 15yrs, so fear not! If you fancy meeting up beforehand, or going for a walk/mild jog, i’m happy to do that.

I am up for that!

Hello fellow-new daddy @markstephencox! Similar boat to you mate, although I have lived in Banbury all my life (don’t hold that against me). Look forward to meeting you.

Lads, we require 40 players to launch this league and we are currently on 19. If we all invite 1 person each, we will do it! I have someone interested just from sharing on FaceBook… Worth a shot? (pardon the pun!)

So is it not going ahead then?