MAN v FAT Football Bexhill League

bexhill

Welcome MAN v FAT Footballers,

Thank you for registering for the MAN v FAT Football Bexhill League this page will serve as a great place to meet your future team mates (and opposition) as well as keep up-to-date with all news and updates relevant to your league.

Your league details are:

League Name: Bexhill
Registration Location: Bexhill College, Penland Road, TN40 2JG
Registration Date/Time: 23/02/2018 19:00
League Venue Details: Bexhill College, Penland Road, TN40 2JG
League Start Date/Time: 02/03/2018 20:00

All of these details and the latest information about your league (including photos, videos, scores, stats and more) can be found on your league homepage, which you can find here www.MANvFATFootball.org/Bexhill

Some other places that you might want to take a look at are our MAN v FAT Shop for all of your official league merchandise - shop

The MAN v FAT website is also rammed with information, motivation, recipes, funny stuff and advice and you can find that here - MAN v FAT

You’ll also notice the Amazing Loser section and you should know that all of the Amazing Losers we profile are members of this forum so you can message them directly to ask for more information. It forms the largest social network of men supporting each other’s weight loss anywhere on the web, and it’s a massive support for your own weight loss journey.

If you haven’t yet signed up for your pre-season emails then these will take you through a number of useful elements - Subscribe

Don’t forget too to register your own unique referral URL which you can do here - this means that you can share that URL and we track all sign ups. So you get paid £5 for everyone who joins through your link. The person you refer also gets 50% off their registration - it’s the ultimate win-win.

If you have any questions please feel free to browse our MAN v FAT Football FAQ. If you still can’t find the answers your looking for then feel free to ask us below and we will get back to you.

I would also strongly recommend having a good look around the forum as it is jam-packed with great info, expert advice and tips to help you get going and be successful. Here is a great place to start - the ultimate new user post. You should also know that you can get advice from PTs and dietitians directly on this forum by visiting the Ask a PT Anything and Ask a Qualified Dietician anything threads. If you want to know how to do something on the forum such as upload an image or insert a video then check out the Forum FAQ

Finally be sure to introduce yourself by replying below so you can get to know your fellow league members. You will find plenty of chaps in the same situation as yourself all looking to come together to lose weight, get healthy and get back to enjoying football again.

I look forward to welcoming you at registration.

Ben Gallon
MAN v FAT League Administrator

Bexhill League

Hi, I’m Dan. I’ve joined up through the stop smoking clinics. I have played a reasonable amount of football in the past, I use to play for sedlescombe 2nds as a left or right back, and sometimes on the wing. I’ve gained loads of weight over the last year and I’m keen to get going on some proper running about. Football seems like the perfect solution. So here I am, really looking forward to the season starting, and meeting everyone.

Hi, I’m Ross and i’m looking to loose a couple of stone playing football and eating right

Hi Ross. See you at Bexhill.

Ben, firstly, Hi. Secondly, is the registration day a game, or just signing up?

Thanks in advance

Hi Dan,

The registration session doesn’t have any football. We use this session to introduce the scheme, the benefits and generally how things work. Its also a great opportunity to meet your team mates, opposition (plenty of guys make friends for life on opposing teams as well as their own) and your league coach who will help you on your journey to better health.

We take your starting measurements -weight, height and waist and it also allows you to ask any questions you may have and get set up for a great first season.

Cheers, Ben

So What Happens Next?

You have signed up, got your welcome email and clicked the link that’s got you to here! Hopefully your excitement is building, you have started getting used to the forum and are chatting to guys who have signed up for the same league (if you haven’t posted yet then go for it, it will settle the nerves and give you some faces to look for at registration).

You should feel comfortable asking any questions here no matter how big or small, if you’re wondering about something then I guarantee someone else is too.

The next step of your journey will see you attend the registration session for your league. All details of dates, times and location can be found in the original post and on your league homepage. There isn’t any football at your registration session so you can dress casually. Although we recommend trying to dress in similar clothing to that which you will be wearing on game nights to get the most accurate weigh ins each week.

At registration, we will introduce you to the league and how it works, take your starting weight, height and waist measurement and you will have the opportunity to take some photos for your records (I can’t recommend this highly enough as the transformation of so many players is staggering, it’s nice to have your own personal record and we even have a feature on your homepage to help you with this). You will also be introduced to your team and league coach who will be there to support you on your journey to a fitter healthier lifestyle. Each team will have a WhatsApp group created for it and will be given a team colour.

There is also still time to get your family, friends or work colleagues involved and you can support each other on the journey. Most men are notorious for being secret dieters and this is often our downfall, share your experience and get motivated to hit your targets and be successful.

Lets Smash it, Ben, MAN v FAT League Administrator.

How can I make our league successful?

The beauty of MAN v FAT and especially the Football element is that as we are all in the same boat we can push each other to achieve so much more than when we do it alone. Success breeds success, we motivate and inspire people just by doing our best.

In order for your league to work well we need good numbers to build the support structures we try and create and the atmosphere that has worked so well at all of our current leagues. You can help massively here as a large number of sign ups come from player referrals and word of mouth so to speak. There is also added accountability in attending a league with people you know and for those of you that are competitive it also gives you the opportunity to earn the bragging rights and target the top weight loss accolades.

Below I have included a flyer for your league and I ask that you simply share it via any means at your disposal - Facebook, Twitter and football Fan Forums are great examples. You can also set up your own referral code that gets you £5 credit in the club shop and your friend 50% off their registration fee. Visit here to set up your code and get sharing it to as many people as possible.

There will also be a MAN v FAT Football on offer for the top referrer in January, so go go go!!

Hi all. So I don’t get a chance to exercise often and love football. I used to play in school but that was about 20 years ago.

I’m overweight and need to shed a few stone (at least). I can’t promise to be any good or very fast (to start with at least) but I’m really up for getting back into the sport I love and loose weight along the way!

Greg

Hi Guys, just been told about the league and i’m interested to get involved. Joined MvF about a year ago and have been waiting for a local league (i’m in Rye). I’m overweight and looking to drop 3-4 stone which is mainly down to drinking and eating whilst on the road, not drinking on the road, but that would save time :0) Previously been into running but seam to get over involved, push my self to much and then back away. This is why the idea of MvF appealed to me. Looking forward to meeting people on the 26th.

Cheers Stuart

Hi im Colin im 55 and carry to much wait but i also love football but not played for years i was listening to talk sport radio and they was talking about man v fat so i fought i would give it ago the idea of loosing a few pounds while playing football sounds good to me

I think we will all be in the same boat as you. Be good to meet you when it gets going.

Good to meet you Colin. See you on the pitch

Good to meet you Stuart.

Hi I’m scott, I’ve gained a bit of weight over the last few years and am looking forward to losing some weight and doing it while playing a game i enjoy, even though I haven’t played for years.

Evening gents my names nathan. Gained abit of weight over last few years. Really enjoy my football, heard about this from a friend and willing to give it a go. I’ve realised after I signed up that on the 26th I won’t be able to make that date. But will be there from the 2nd Feb. Can some one let me know if this is ok please. Thanks in advance :+1:t2:

Please make sure you let the coach know and arrive 30 mins earlier to the next session.

Hi ,I’m Phil.
Have just registered for Bexhill league
Looking forward to losing a bit of weight, meeting some new people and playing a bit of footie
See you all next Friday

Good Morning all,

Unfortunately we are having to delay the start of the Bexhill league until the 23rd February in order to finish recruiting the required numbers for the league to successfully launch.

In order for the league to be successful and for us to fully support everyone in their journey towards a healthier lifestyle we have a minimum number of players we can launch with. We have seen 9 sign ups in the last week and we are confident that with your help we can push the league to a position where it can be massively successful for all those that take part.

We will be doing all we can to recruit the players we need in order to give you the standard of league you deserve and the supportive positive atmosphere that we strive to achieve for all out leagues. If you can help by spreading the word on social media or football forums then please do. I have attached the league flyer for sharing anywhere you are able to and below is a link to the referral scheme in place.

Refer a Friend. Be sure to tell them that after their deposit to secure a place its free for the whole 14 week season.

We apologies for this inconvenience and hope you will stick with us to smash your targets.

Kind Regards, Ben. MAN v FAT Football

Hi Guys,

Very much the same - approaching 50, slow , fat but love football!

Cant Wait!

Jamie