MAN v FAT Football - Bicester

bicester

MAN v FAT Footballers,

Thank you for registering for the MAN v FAT Football Bicester League this page will serve as a great place to meet your future team mates (and opposition) as well as keep up to date with all news and updates relevant to your league.

Your league details are:

League Name: Bicester

Registration Location: Whitelands Farm Sports Ground, Whitelands Way, Bicester, OX26 1AJ

Start Date/Time: 01/06/2018 20:00

Venue Details: Whitelands Farm Sports Ground, Whitelands Way, Bicester, OX26 1AJ

Start Date/Time: 08/06/2018 20:00

All of these details and the latest information about your league (including photos, videos, scores, stats and more) can be found on your league homepage, which you can find here www.MANvFATFootball.org/Bicester

Some other places that you might want to take a look at are our MAN v FAT Shop for all of your official league merchandise - shop

The MAN v FAT website is also rammed with information, motivation, recipes, funny stuff and advice and you can find that here - MAN v FAT

You’ll also notice the Amazing Loser section and you should know that all of the Amazing Losers we profile are members of this forum so you can message them directly to ask for more information. It forms the largest social network of men supporting each other’s weight loss anywhere on the web, and it’s a massive support for your own weight loss journey.

If you haven’t yet signed up for your pre-season emails then these will take you through a number of useful elements - Subscribe

Don’t forget too to register your own unique referral URL which you can do here - this means that you can share that URL and we track all sign ups. So you get paid £5 for everyone who joins through your link. The person you refer also gets 50% off their registration - it’s the ultimate win-win.

If you have any questions please feel free to browse our MAN v FAT Football FAQ. If you still can’t find the answers your looking for then feel free to ask us below and we will get back to you.

I would also strongly recommend having a good look around the forum as it is jam-packed with great info, expert advice and tips to help you get going and be successful. Here is a great place to start - the ultimate new user post. You should also know that you can get advice from PTs and dietitians directly on this forum by visiting the Ask a PT Anything and Ask a Qualified Dietician anything threads. If you want to know how to do something on the forum such as upload an image or insert a video then check out the Forum FAQ

Finally be sure to introduce yourself by replying below so you can get to know your fellow league members. You will find plenty of chaps in the same situation as yourself all looking to come together to lose weight, get healthy and get back to enjoying football again.

I look forward to welcoming you at registration.

Ben Gallon

MAN v FAT League Administrator

Am I the only player registered for Bicester?

I’ve signed up too

hi
I’m registered for Aylesbury, but there isn’t any sign of this starting anytime soon, any chance I could swap to this league instead?
cheers

Andy

I’ve just signed up for the Bicester league. Haven’t kicked a football for a few years :joy::joy:

I have also signed up :grin::+1:

Are we still on for starting this Friday? Do we just turn up at 8pm? I haven’t had an email or anything yet confirming

That’s my plan unless I hear anything different be there about 19:50

Good afternoon all,

Unfortunately we are having to delay the start of the league until the 1st June in order to finish recruiting the required numbers for the league to successfully launch. This means the registration session planned for this Friday is cancelled and the season will begin on 1st June.

In order for the league to be successful and for us to fully support everyone in their journey towards a healthier lifestyle we have a minimum number of players we can launch with.

We will be doing all we can to recruit the players we need in order to give you the standard of league you deserve and the supportive positive atmosphere that we strive to achieve for all our leagues. If you can help by spreading the word on social media or football forums then please do. I have attached the league flyer and don’t forget to check out the referral scheme.

https://www.manvfatfootball.org/Home/ReferYourFriend

For anyone interested you can direct them to www.manvfatfootball.org/bicester for details or to sign up. You can also head to MAN v FAT Football FREE LEAGUE - Bicester to start chatting to players already registered. If anyone would like anymore info on how to help promote the league then please email football@manvfat.com

We apologise for this inconvenience and hope you will stick with us to smash your targets and enjoy playing some football.

Kind Regards, Ben. MAN v FAT Football

Disappointing, but understandable

you would think they could do a mini league while waiting for numbers to pick up, or just friendly games. Would’ve been better publicity for them rather than just postponing the league completely. The Facebook posts that people may have posted about attending would have helped generate interest to speed up recruitment.

I just signed up, looking forward to meeting everyone in June!

Do we know if it is looking likely that the league will go ahead June 1st?
I need to treat myself to some new boots.

Good Evening All.

Im pleased to be able to say we are now just 11 days away from the start of the MAN v FAT Football Bicester league. All players will be receiving an email tonight with details of this forum thread in order for new players and those already posting here to get to know each other.

On Wednesday I will be creating teams and emailing out links to team whatsapp chats, if you have joined with someone you know be sure to let me know before wednesday lunch time. Keep an eye out and get involved earlier to get a good head start and help your team make some decisions. The whatsapp groups will be a great place to meet your team mates and start making plans for the league commencement. As with all new leagues I’m excited to see who can come up with the best, most original name.

If you have any questions then feel free to let me know and ill get back to you asap.

Cheers, Ben, MAN v FAT Football.

I Just want to check
As the venue is 3g pitch but do they allow FG boots? or do they have rules for which boots at the venue?

this is quite a handy guide if you are needing new boots

hi

So looks like we’re definitely going ahead next week which is excellent news :slightly_smiling_face:

Anyone else having trouble with the Whatsapp groups though? I’m part of the Red team and i’ve had nothing come through on my phone.

cheers

Evening all,

We are now less than a week away from the launch of the MAN v FAT Bicester League - I hope your excited, if your not you should be as I’ve seen countless people sign up and hit their goals. Whether it be playing football after a long time away from it and shifting a few lbs to guys signing up and losing massive amounts of weight over several seasons.

The Experience is whatever you wish to make of it!

All players who have register for the league should have received an email with team details and WhatsApp links to their team group. If your having problems joining please let me know.

We look forward to welcoming you on Friday for registration and it will be a great chance to settle the nerves ahead of the season starting, ask any burning questions you have and meet everyone who will be apart of your journey. How the scheme works and what you can expect from us will also be explained.

We have very limited places remaining if you know anyone who wishes to get involved then get them to sign up to avoid disappointment.

If anyone needs any more info then please do let me know. Cheers, Ben

Hi guys. Thinking about joining the league. Just wondering what the situation is with attendance? I wouldn’t want to let anyone down however I know that a couple of Fridays in June and the majority of August with holidays will be a bit of a write off for me personally. I imagine August will be similar for a quite a few?

I emailed them about this as I’m a shift worker. Missing a couple of sessions shouldn’t be a problem but you need to go to at least 10 to get your deposit back