MAN v FAT Football Blackpool League

blackpool

Welcome MAN v FAT Footballers,

Thank you for registering for the MAN v FAT Football Blackpool League this page will serve as a great place to meet your future team mates (and opposition) as well as keep up-to-date with all news and updates relevant to your league.

Your league details are:

League Name: Blackpool

Registration Location: Blackpool Sports Centre, West Park Drive, Blackpool, FY3 9HQ

Registration Start Date/Time: 17.09.2018 @ 20:00 - 22:00

League Venue Details: Blackpool Sports Centre, West Park Drive, Blackpool, FY3 9HQ

League Start Date/Time: 24.09.2018 @ 20:00 - 22:00

All of these details and the latest information about your league (including photos, videos, scores, stats and more) can be found on your league homepage, which you can find here: https://www.manvfatfootball.org/blackpool

Some other places that you might want to take a look at are our MAN v FAT Shop for all of your official league merchandise - shop

The MAN v FAT website is also rammed with information, motivation, recipes, funny stuff and advice and you can find that here - (https://manvfat.com/)

You’ll also notice the Amazing Loser section and you should know that all of the Amazing Losers we profile are members of this forum so you can message them directly to ask for more information. It forms the largest social network of men supporting each other’s weight loss anywhere on the web, and it’s a massive support for your own weight loss journey.

If you haven’t yet signed up for your pre-season emails then these will take you through a number of useful elements - Subscribe

Don’t forget too to register your own unique referral URL which you can do here - this means that you can share that URL and we track all sign ups. So you get paid £5 for everyone who joins through your link. The person you refer also gets 50% off their registration - it’s the ultimate win-win.

If you have any questions please feel free to browse our MAN v FAT Football FAQ . If you still can’t find the answers your looking for then feel free to ask us below and we will get back to you.

I would also strongly recommend having a good look around the forum as it is jam-packed with great info, expert advice and tips to help you get going and be successful. Here is a great place to start - the ultimate new user post. You should also know that you can get advice from PTs and dietitians directly on this forum by visiting the Ask a PT Anything and Ask a Qualified Dietician anything threads. If you want to know how to do something on the forum such as upload an image or insert a video then check out the Forum FAQ

Finally be sure to introduce yourself by replying below so you can get to know your fellow league members. You will find plenty of chaps in the same situation as yourself all looking to come together to lose weight, get healthy and get back to enjoying football again.

I look forward to welcoming you at registration

Looks like I’m the first to reply. Been a member of this site for a couple of years. Lost about 3 stone the first year or so but I have ended up putting it all back on. Haven’t played any football since I was at School (and I was always last to be picked) so I hope I can actually play!

You’ll be fine I am sure there will be a number of other guys in the same boat as you are/were!

Look forward to meeting you at registration.

Cheers

First timer here and not played in years. Can’t wait to start.

Great to see things moving along with this just a month to go until registration evening.

Played alot of football until about 6 months ago and now have put about a stone and a half on. Time to get fit and lose the belly…

Just signed up. Haven’t kicked a ball “in anger” in about 4 years. It’ll just be nice to play in a kit that might actually fit haha

Hi Lads, I am looking forward to a run out with you all. Mike

Well saw an advert on facebook about this and thought, this is the group for me. Joined Slimming World a year ago and it was going great, but then life got hectic and slimming world was dropped (the last 4 months was just yoyo weightloss and starting to annoy me as I know I can lose weight when I put my mind to it.) Said to the wife there was a man v fat football league in Blackpool and I fancied giving it a shot, she agreed it would get me out the house and more active (not that I am completely inactive, do a lot of manual lifting at work normally shift over 4 ton in weight around a day as well as loads of walking). So anyway enough about me really looking forward to this and hope it is the kick up the arse I need to get back on the weight loss train. Look forward to meeting you all.

Saw the banner on the railings in Stanley Park whilst trying to motivate myself to go for a run. Tipped the 20 stone mark after Christmas last year and have tried gym, running in the park, swimming but find it hard to stick to regular solitary activity. Haven’t played football since school but like the idea of losing weight as part of a team so sign up!

Good day guys. Registered yesterday. Formaer Heart Attack, Cancer and Kidney failure patient, healthy guy eh ? Also Type 2 Diabetic and Lactose intolerant to boot. However, single father of 6 and I am not going to let any of that other stuff stop me in any way shape or form. Totally recovered from all issues. Used to play a lot of football, played for the Navy, coached kids football for 12 years and really looking forward to this. Yes I may be a bit out of shape now but I am sure that we can work on that and kick the ass of the health monkeys that have been riding my back.

Ive just signed up for it I will be there on the 17th September. Not played since I was on the school team 20 years ago and back then I was thinner and had pace be interesting to see how well I play without the speed that was my best weapon at school. Hopefully be fun and lose weight as I have hit 20 stone but want to be under 15stone before I go to Florida in April. Never know might make a few new friends too. Currently only exercise I do is Wii Fit and my job is me in my office all day so need to be more active

Just signed up after seeing an ad on works intranet. not played for about 15 years pity whoever gets me on their team

Just signed up looking forward to it need to rid the beer belly

Hi there how do I join the what’s app group ??

I have sent you an email.
Cheers

Hi how do I join the whatsapp group

Take it your a tim, could be a bit of friendly banter here with my supporting the right side of Glasgow!! WATP!!

Ha ha yes pal and I’m sure there will be some banter from the top side of Glasgow :+1:t2::+1:t2:

Newbie just signed up. Looking to shave a few pounds as well :joy:

I see mention of a WhatsApp group, can I get an invite?

Thanks.