MAN v FAT Football Bradford League

bradford

Welcome MAN v FAT Footballers,

Thank you for registering for the MAN v FAT Football Bradford League this page will serve as a great place to meet your future team mates (and opposition) as well as keep up-to-date with all news and updates relevant to your league.

Your league details are:

League Name: Bradford

Registration Location: Bradford City Football Club, Northern Commercials Stadium at Valley Parade,
Bradford, West Yorkshire, BD8 7DY

Registration Start Date/Time: 14.05.2018 @ 7pm - 9pm

League Venue Details: Goals Bradford, Swain House, 282 King’s Rd, Bradford BD2 1NR

League Start Date/Time: 21.05.2018 @ 7pm - 9pm

All of these details and the latest information about your league (including photos, videos, scores, stats and more) can be found on your league homepage, which you can find here: https://manvfatfootball.org/bradford

Some other places that you might want to take a look at are our MAN v FAT Shop for all of your official league merchandise - shop1

The MAN v FAT website is also rammed with information, motivation, recipes, funny stuff and advice and you can find that here - MAN v FAT12

You’ll also notice the Amazing Loser1 section and you should know that all of the Amazing Losers we profile are members of this forum so you can message them directly to ask for more information. It forms the largest social network of men supporting each other’s weight loss anywhere on the web, and it’s a massive support for your own weight loss journey.

If you haven’t yet signed up for your pre-season emails then these will take you through a number of useful elements - Subscribe13

Don’t forget too to register your own unique referral URL which you can do here1 - this means that you can share that URL and we track all sign ups. So you get paid £5 for everyone who joins through your link. The person you refer also gets 50% off their registration - it’s the ultimate win-win.

If you have any questions please feel free to browse our MAN v FAT Football FAQ. If you still can’t find the answers your looking for then feel free to ask us below and we will get back to you.

I would also strongly recommend having a good look around the forum as it is jam-packed with great info, expert advice and tips to help you get going and be successful. Here is a great place to start - the ultimate new user post. You should also know that you can get advice from PTs and dietitians directly on this forum by visiting the Ask a PT Anything and Ask a Qualified Dietician anything threads. If you want to know how to do something on the forum such as upload an image or insert a video then check out the Forum FAQ1

Finally be sure to introduce yourself by replying below so you can get to know your fellow league members. You will find plenty of chaps in the same situation as yourself all looking to come together to lose weight, get healthy and get back to enjoying football again.

I look forward to welcoming you at registration

Just signed up to the Bradford league

Cant wait to get started :soccer:

Is registration 23rd April or 14th may?

Registration is May 14th, apologies for the confusion, look forward to seeing you there. Thanks

Cannot wait to get started just hope i’m not too old !!

Age is just a number don’t let it get in the way my team has an age range from mid 20s to mid 60s I’m 59 shortly and more active and lighter thanks to manvfat since I was in my 20s , embrace the concept , enjoy the journey with us all and see how life improves

I’ve been doing this in the Hull league for over a year and am now in my 4th season, currently lost 20kg. I’m a bantams season ticket holder and am happy the club have advertised this in the stadium. It’s a great way to lose weight.

Good luck to those who’ve registered.

Hi Gents, Just a message to say that the league will now be running 7pm - 9pm due to venue availability.

Also we are looking at ways to promote the league unique to Bradford, any thoughts / suggestions are welcome.

Cheers

What happens on registration night . Thanks

Hi I’ve signed up to the Bradford league how many others have signed up so far and what do we do on the registration night ?

Hi, 30 players have signed up so far. We want to launch with at least 60 so still a lot of work to do with recruiting. Are you able to suggest anything that may help us achieve this?

Registration night is a chance to learn more about MvFF, meet your team mates, sort out out your team name, team captain and then your measurements are taken.

Cheers

Ok cheers Karl

Maybe put more info of the league format game details how long each way etc / number of players in each team I’ve asked a few guys I know and most say things like “ I can’t run around for an hour etc “ so maybe that might put a few off also I guess most guys are a little embarrassed re weighed in public etc maybe give details on how that side is done

tell them to look at some of the games on facebook , our team captain ( at lode heath) puts them up , often he will stream a game live - with commentary, that should take their worries away, most players i would say struggle to last 10 mins for the first few weeks, and dont forget games are only 28 mins and a full team would have 4 rolling subs,

Hi Karl,
What about other leagues within driving distance. Maybe a few players would want to double up and take advantage of the multi league discount

We have 5 or 6 lads who come down from the Leyton League each week. It has also created a good relationship whereby we’ve played a couple of 11 a side matches between the leagues.

3 of our players double up in the Luton League, and because my son knows them, he has signed up there too.

With the 30 that you have already, maybe they could arrange some pre-season games at powerleague or something similar. Invite their friends who then in turn might sign up too. We picked up a few players that way when we were trying to get up to 60

Good luck

Just signed up. Looking forward to getting started. I have a LOT of weight to lose!

Hi all I’m Simon just signed up today I’m on my own so hopefully I’ll get some good teammates for support I’ll need it

Just signed up! Haven’t played in years. Looking forward to it lads!

Looking forward to this. I can make the registration night but will be away for the first two Monday games. Am I still ok to join?

I think as long as you play 10 games in 14 weeks it’s ok. There’s a couple in a few weeks i can’t do

Signed up too, looking forward to getting started. Trying to get a couple more signed up too.