MAN v FAT Football Doncaster

doncaster

Welcome MAN v FAT Footballers,

Thank you for registering for the MAN v FAT Football Doncaster League this page will serve as a great place to meet your future team mates (and opposition) as well as keep up-to-date with all news and updates relevant to your league.

Your league details are:

League Name: Doncaster

Registration Location: Rossington Community Sports Village, Bond St, Rossington, New Rossington, Doncaster DN11 0BZ

Registration Start Date/Time: September 3rd 2018 19:00 - 21:00

League Venue Details: Rossington Community Sports Village, Bond St, Rossington, New Rossington, Doncaster DN11 0BZ

League Start Date/Time: September 10th 2018 19:00 - 21:00

All of these details and the latest information about your league (including photos, videos, scores, stats and more) can be found on your league homepage, which you can find here: https://www.manvfatfootball.org/doncaster5

Some other places that you might want to take a look at are our MAN v FAT Shop for all of your official league merchandise - shop11

The MAN v FAT website is also rammed with information, motivation, recipes, funny stuff and advice and you can find that here - MAN v FAT12

You’ll also notice the Amazing Loser1 section and you should know that all of the Amazing Losers we profile are members of this forum so you can message them directly to ask for more information. It forms the largest social network of men supporting each other’s weight loss anywhere on the web, and it’s a massive support for your own weight loss journey.

If you haven’t yet signed up for your pre-season emails then these will take you through a number of useful elements - Subscribe131

Don’t forget too to register your own unique referral URL which you can do here1 - this means that you can share that URL and we track all sign ups. So you get paid £5 for everyone who joins through your link. The person you refer also gets 50% off their registration - it’s the ultimate win-win.

If you have any questions please feel free to browse our MAN v FAT Football FAQ. If you still can’t find the answers your looking for then feel free to ask us below and we will get back to you.

I would also strongly recommend having a good look around the forum as it is jam-packed with great info, expert advice and tips to help you get going and be successful. Here is a great place to start - the ultimate new user post. You should also know that you can get advice from PTs and dietitians directly on this forum by visiting the Ask a PT Anything and Ask a Qualified Dietician anything threads. If you want to know how to do something on the forum such as upload an image or insert a video then check out the Forum FAQ1

Finally be sure to introduce yourself by replying below so you can get to know your fellow league members. You will find plenty of chaps in the same situation as yourself all looking to come together to lose weight, get healthy and get back to enjoying football again.

I look forward to welcoming you at registration

Good Afternoon All,

I have just joined the Doncaster league, how many is there registered already?

Is it looking likely this league will go ahead as I know a couple have struggled to start off and I’m just curious/excited to get going and lose some weight!

Many Thanks
Brandon

Afternoon Brandon,

We currently only have 11 signed up so we have some work to do before launch. All of the promo is just starting to kick in via social media and press releases for example, however can you give us any recommendations as to how we should market the league locally to maximise recruitment?

Have you thought about the following role; Player Markerter at all? https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScuRngotfVMAaQFgtXXva9J77zWam1IGZZMNIR22z-hMrO0dw/viewform

Cheers

Hi just signed up cannot wait to get started. I am quite a nervous person so I am hoping this will help me lose weight and bring me out of my shell a little bit.

Is there a what app group or Facebook page setup for the doncaster area yet.

Word of mouth and social media probably the best way to get it out round this area, will be good to get going and have a laugh with people all in the same boat!! Look forward to it :+1:

Hi,

Just signed up for the Lincoln League as based in Market Rasen, HOWEVER, this is only a planned league and if it isn’t going to go ahead, I would rather find somewhere else. Would take about an hour to get to the Doncaster League venue, but keen to get started on this. Couple of questions:

1. Can I transfer to another choice of league?
  2. Will all matches be on a Monday evening?
  3. Is it too late to register for this league?

Many thanks,

Darren

Whats the plan/happens on registration night? Do we get allocated teams and kick games off that night? Does anyone know?

Cheers
Brandon

@b_walsh_1993

As per

Cheers bud, much appreciated! :ok_hand::+1:

Hi, I signed up for the football last night. To be honest I didn’t know anything about it and was scrolling through Facebook when something came up about it.
I currently run two football teams in a mid-week 11 a-side league. They are both open aged teams and most of the players are a lot younger than me, a lot slimmer than me and a lot fitter than me. I occasionally get to play in goal if we are short on players but am hoping that this program will help me lose weight, get fitter and hopefully then I may be able to justify putting myself in the starting line-up.
Do you know how many players have signed up?
Hope to see everyone on the 3rd for registration night.
Cheers
Paul

Just saw the league on Facebook & joined up, its been years since I’ve had a proper kick about, I can’t wait to get started. Does anyone know what the facilities are like in Rosso, is it grass or astro turf?

Its astro/3g type surface. It’s nowhere near as good as the pitches at the keepmoat or Balby Carr school, if you have used them. Played on it a few times, it isn’t the best if you are flying around doing sliding tackles and stuff, but it’s okay. I’m gonna take my astro trainers and some astro boots and see which are best.

Hi Guys,

Have we got a whatsapp group yet?

Thanks
Kieron

Hi everyone
Gonna be signing up on Friday!
Look forward to meeting you all and having a good laugh playing some football!!

Just got signed up so will be seeing you all next week. Do we have any confirmed numbers yet?

Just heard about this today thanks to the DFP, registered and paid. I’ll hopefully see you all on Monday and fingers crossed it takes off! :grinning::+1:

I’ve been looking at this for a while, took the plunge today and signed up :+1

signed up ,cant wait :slight_smile:

Just signed up. Carnt wait

See you Monday night :+1::+1: