MAN v FAT Football Kensington League

Welcome MAN v FAT Footballers,

Thank you for registering for the MAN v FAT Football Kensington League this page will serve as a great place to meet your future team mates (and opposition) as well as keep up-to-date with all news and updates relevant to your league.

Your league details are:

League Name: Kensington
Registration Location: Latymer Community Church, Bramley Road, W10 6SU
Registration Date/Time: 30/01/2018 19:00
League Venue Details: Westway Sports and Fitness Centre, 1 Crowthorne Rd, W10 6RP
League Start Date/Time: 06/02/2018 19:00

All of these details and the latest information about your league (including photos, videos, scores, stats and more) can be found on your league homepage, which you can find here www.MANvFATFootball.org/Kensington

Some other places that you might want to take a look at are our MAN v FAT Shop for all of your official league merchandise - shop

The MAN v FAT website is also rammed with information, motivation, recipes, funny stuff and advice and you can find that here - MAN v FAT

You’ll also notice the Amazing Loser section and you should know that all of the Amazing Losers we profile are members of this forum so you can message them directly to ask for more information. It forms the largest social network of men supporting each other’s weight loss anywhere on the web, and it’s a massive support for your own weight loss journey.

If you haven’t yet signed up for your pre-season emails then these will take you through a number of useful elements - Subscribe

Don’t forget too to register your own unique referral URL which you can do here - this means that you can share that URL and we track all sign ups. So you get paid £5 for everyone who joins through your link. The person you refer also gets 50% off their registration - it’s the ultimate win-win.

If you have any questions please feel free to browse our MAN v FAT Football FAQ. If you still can’t find the answers your looking for then feel free to ask us below and we will get back to you.

I would also strongly recommend having a good look around the forum as it is jam-packed with great info, expert advice and tips to help you get going and be successful. Here is a great place to start - the ultimate new user post. You should also know that you can get advice from PTs and dietitians directly on this forum by visiting the Ask a PT Anything and Ask a Qualified Dietician anything threads. If you want to know how to do something on the forum such as upload an image or insert a video then check out the Forum FAQ

Finally be sure to introduce yourself by replying below so you can get to know your fellow league members. You will find plenty of chaps in the same situation as yourself all looking to come together to lose weight, get healthy and get back to enjoying football again.

I look forward to welcoming you at registration.

Ben Gallon
MAN v FAT League Administrator

1 Like

Hi
Looking forward to getting going In the new year

1 Like

Hi guys. Thanks for letting more sign up. I am looking forward to starting playing in the new year. I would like to play in goal please because I used to play in goal when I was younger whilst playing 11 a side football. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to one and all.

Regards
Mike

1 Like

So What Happens Next?

You have signed up, got your welcome email and clicked the link that’s got you to here! Hopefully your excitement is building, you have started getting used to the forum and are chatting to guys who have signed up for the same league (if you haven’t posted yet then go for it, it will settle the nerves and give you some faces to look for at registration).

You should feel comfortable asking any questions here no matter how big or small, if you’re wondering about something then I guarantee someone else is too.

The next step of your journey will see you attend the registration session for your league. All details of dates, times and location can be found in the original post and on your league homepage. There isn’t any football at your registration session so you can dress casually. Although we recommend trying to dress in similar clothing to that which you will be wearing on game nights to get the most accurate weigh ins each week.

At registration, we will introduce you to the league and how it works, take your starting weight, height and waist measurement and you will have the opportunity to take some photos for your records (I can’t recommend this highly enough as the transformation of so many players is staggering, it’s nice to have your own personal record and we even have a feature on your homepage to help you with this). You will also be introduced to your team and league coach who will be there to support you on your journey to a fitter healthier lifestyle. Each team will have a WhatsApp group created for it and will be given a team colour.

There is also still time to get your family, friends or work colleagues involved and you can support each other on the journey. Most men are notorious for being secret dieters and this is often our downfall, share your experience and get motivated to hit your targets and be successful.

Lets Smash it, Ben, MAN v FAT League Administrator.

Hi All,

Just signed up last night.

Well excited about this initiative. I have never been happy with my body for pretty much 20 years - though I’m 29.

My style of football is defensive but tenacious. I love to close people down, win the ball and pass it. However my body cannot out do my brain. I’m well overweight and not fit enough.

Hoping to break the new years resolution bs and really kill it with man v fat.

Let’s do this!!!

Ray

How can I make our league successful?

The beauty of MAN v FAT and especially the Football element is that as we are all in the same boat we can push each other to achieve so much more than when we do it alone. Success breeds success, we motivate and inspire people just by doing our best.

In order for your league to work well we need good numbers to build the support structures we try and create and the atmosphere that has worked so well at all of our current leagues. You can help massively here as a large number of sign ups come from player referrals and word of mouth so to speak. There is also added accountability in attending a league with people you know and for those of you that are competitive it also gives you the opportunity to earn the bragging rights and target the top weight loss accolades.

Below I have included a flyer for your league and I ask that you simply share it via any means at your disposal, Facebook, Twitter and Football Fan Forums are great examples. You can also set up your own referral code that gets you £5 credit in the club shop and your friend 50% off their registration fee. Visit here to set up your code and get sharing it to as many people as possible.

There will also be a MAN v FAT Football on offer for the top referrer in January, so go go go!!

btw how does kits work? I`ve already been looking at the MVF store for kits. Unsure if we bring in a matching colour or just buy the MVF kit?!

Your team will be given a colour and we just ask that all players wear a top of that colour. If everyone on your team agrees then you can buy matching tops. The MAN v FAT kits really are very high quality and I’ve bought 3 lol (couldn’t pick my favourite colour).

1 Like

Maybe a silly question but what happens after 14 weeks?

I guess if I fail - I continue
If I succeed I can leave or continue in a non-playing role? What non-playing roles are there?

After week 14 we start all the process all over again. You won’t be forced to take a non-playing role you can continue to play and achieve your targets. Hopefully passing along your successes to new guys as they join.

1 Like

Exciting!!

1 Like

Hahaha! I’m stealing that gif.

1 Like

Hello everyone, joined today after the proposed Harrow league didn’t go through. Look forward to playing.

Hey - same situation as me! Harrow is a league whereby it will kick in if enough players sign up. Welcome on board!

Hi everyone.

I’m looking forward to actually kicking a football again. I found gym boring so at least I get to shift a bit of timber by playing football

Nice one @RyanCav91. I don’t think I would enjoy the gym. Football, much more so. So yeah. Look forward to seeing you and all the others on Tuesday at the induction?

Good afternoon all,

Unfortunately we are having to delay the start of the league until the 30th January in order to finish recruiting the required numbers for the league to successfully launch.

In order for the league to be successful and for us to fully support everyone in their journey towards a healthier lifestyle we have a minimum number of players we can launch with.

We will be doing all we can to recruit the players we need in order to give you the standard of league you deserve and the supportive positive atmosphere that we strive to achieve for all out leagues. If you can help by spreading the word on social media or football forums then please do. Above you can find the league flyer and details of the referral scheme in place.

We apologies for this inconvenience and hope you will stick with us to smash your targets.

Kind Regards, Ben. MAN v FAT Football

Gutted!
tenor

Hey Ben

I’ve already emailed you about this - but for the benefit of the group, what about the induction which was scheduled for tomorrow?? Is that on or off?

Hi,

The induction will now ran on the 30th as the first session,

Cheers Ben.

1 Like