MAN v FAT Football Norwich League

norwich

I’m the same - 12 and wide - can recommend puma esito astros in sports direct, okay not pretty just boring black but super comfy (which is what you require)

Carrow Park is directly opposite Carrow Road (back of the jarrold stand)

Parking wise I’m not sure - hoping the coach can confirm but I would assume we could use Carrow Road car park?

Hi and welcome,

Pretty sure it’s meaning is 50% funded by an outside source like a council or someone. Not sure if the £6.99 is the 50% price or wether it’s 50% off that.

@admin should be able to confirm this.

Awesome thanks for that :slight_smile: I was going to head to sports direct been looking online some great prices and good selection of astros :slight_smile: yeah kl thanks for that also and if not Il park on Morrison’s car park and walk across. Il see you at registration dude thanks again.

Look for real leather as supposed to synthetic - they have more give and mould better to your foot shape.
The Nike tiempos (I believe it was) also were leather and fit well. See you soon mate.

Thanks dude Il keep that in mind :slight_smile: will do take care

Hi all,

I have signed up and registered for the Norwich league. I am from the Great Yarmouth area but very happy to travel a bit for this. Really looking forward to getting started in the new year although it has been a while since I played.

I put down defender for position but happy to play some time in goal or anywhere really. I just want to enjoy it and meet some like minded people.

Hi Terry

Welcome aboard.
It will certainly be worth the travel - not long to go now.

Happy new year to all you lads tonight - let’s make 2018 a year for big change.

Cheers fella!

Really looking forward to it. I’ve set myself a few challenges for getting fit in the upcoming months but this footy one is the one I am looking forward to most of all. I guess like everyone else I’m looking forward to a healthy 2018 !!

Hi, happy new year guys !!

Does anyone know what kit we need? Boots/trainers I know but what about tops? Just curious as I see they sell all the kits.

When we form the teams you will be given a team colour. Its great if everyone opts to but a matching top as it makes you look the business. We don’t insist on it though and just ask that each player wears a top that matches their team colour.

Its also worth noting that shin pads are compulsory.

So What Happens Next?

You have signed up, got your welcome email and clicked the link that’s got you to here! Hopefully your excitement is building, you have started getting used to the forum and are chatting to guys who have signed up for the same league (if you haven’t posted yet then go for it, it will settle the nerves and give you some faces to look for at registration).

You should feel comfortable asking any questions here no matter how big or small, if you’re wondering about something then I guarantee someone else is too.

The next step of your journey will see you attend the registration session for your league. All details of dates, times and location can be found in the original post and on your league homepage. There isn’t any football at your registration session so you can dress casually. Although we recommend trying to dress in similar clothing to that which you will be wearing on game nights to get the most accurate weigh ins each week.

At registration, we will introduce you to the league and how it works, take your starting weight, height and waist measurement and you will have the opportunity to take some photos for your records (I can’t recommend this highly enough as the transformation of so many players is staggering, it’s nice to have your own personal record and we even have a feature on your homepage to help you with this). You will also be introduced to your team and league coach who will be there to support you on your journey to a fitter healthier lifestyle. Each team will have a WhatsApp group created for it and will be given a team colour.

There is also still time to get your family, friends or work colleagues involved and you can support each other on the journey. Most men are notorious for being secret dieters and this is often our downfall, share your experience and get motivated to hit your targets and be successful.

Lets Smash it, Ben, MAN v FAT League Administrator.

Happy New year to all the league it’s finally jan so can’t wait to get started cheers for the heads up on the shin pads I need to get some

Hi all. I’m Adi, I’m 33, I used to be an office worker and now work in civils. I have a 2 year old and I want to drop a couple of stone for him really. Looking forward to playing some football again been a VERY LONG TIME!

Hi guys, my name is Jamie Carter & cant wait to get started with this !! At an all time heaviest 16st 6lb and I have a goal weight of 14st and to fit back in my suit I wore for my step brothers wedding !! So being the typical “New year, New Me” time of year, I think it will be good to get cracking with my weight loss by playing football again :ok_hand:t2:. Also will be good to meet new people and get competitive :ok_hand:t2:

See you all soon,

Jamie Carter

Welcome lads - We’re all here for the same reason, should be a good laugh and at the same time drop some lbs on those scales.

Good shout for the shin pads completely forgot about them! Looking forward to the coming weeks see you all in a couple of weeks! Happy new year to you all

How can I make our league successful?

The beauty of MAN v FAT and especially the Football element is that as we are all in the same boat we can push each other to achieve so much more than when we do it alone. Success breeds success, we motivate and inspire people just by doing our best.

In order for your league to work well we need good numbers to build the support structures we try and create and the atmosphere that has worked so well at all of our current leagues. You can help massively here as a large number of sign ups come from player referrals and word of mouth so to speak. There is also added accountability in attending a league with people you know and for those of you that are competitive it also gives you the opportunity to earn the bragging rights and target the top weight loss accolades.

Below I have included a flyer for your league and I ask that you simply share it via any means at your disposal - Facebook, Twitter and football Fan Forums are great examples. You can also set up your own referral code that gets you £5 credit in the club shop and your friend 50% off their registration fee. Visit here to set up your code and get sharing it to as many people as possible.

There will also be a MAN v FAT Football on offer for the top referrer in January, so go go go!!

I have a question. Is it ok for the wife to come along to registration and the games to support etc? I mean, they’re not charged admission or anything?

Hi all, I have also joined the Norwich league and looking forward to it! I’m Tom, 29 and need to lose about 4 stone in total! I think this is an amazing opportunity for like minded lads to play some football, lose some pounds and have some laughs along the way! Best of luck everyone… Tom

I don’t know the venue well as I’m not local but MAN v FAT don’t charge an admission fee to any of our leagues for spectators so by all means bring along any support you may have.

Doing it with backing from family makes it a much better journey.