MAN v FAT Football Slough League

slough

Welcome MAN v FAT Footballers,

Thank you for registering for the MAN v FAT Football Slough League this page will serve as a great place to meet your future team mates (and opposition) as well as keep up-to-date with all news and updates relevant to your league.

Your league details are:

League Name: Slough

Registration Location: Arbour Park Community Sports Stadium, SL2 5AY

Registration Start Date/Time: 29.01.2018 @ 7pm

League Venue Details: Arbour Park Community Sports Stadium, SL2 5AY

League Start Date/Time: 05.02.2018 @ 7pm

All of these details and the latest information about your league (including photos, videos, scores, stats and more) can be found on your league homepage, which you can find here http://www.manvfatfootball.org/Slough

Some other places that you might want to take a look at are our MAN v FAT Shop for all of your official league merchandise - shop

The MAN v FAT website is also rammed with information, motivation, recipes, funny stuff and advice and you can find that here - MAN v FAT1

You’ll also notice the Amazing Loser1 section and you should know that all of the Amazing Losers we profile are members of this forum so you can message them directly to ask for more information. It forms the largest social network of men supporting each other’s weight loss anywhere on the web, and it’s a massive support for your own weight loss journey.

If you haven’t yet signed up for your pre-season emails then these will take you through a number of useful elements - Subscribe1

Don’t forget too to register your own unique referral URL which you can do here - this means that you can share that URL and we track all sign ups. So you get paid £5 for everyone who joins through your link. The person you refer also gets 50% off their registration - it’s the ultimate win-win.

If you have any questions please feel free to browse our MAN v FAT Football FAQ. If you still can’t find the answers your looking for then feel free to ask us below and we will get back to you.

I would also strongly recommend having a good look around the forum as it is jam-packed with great info, expert advice and tips to help you get going and be successful. Here is a great place to start - the ultimate new user post. You should also know that you can get advice from PTs and dietitians directly on this forum by visiting the Ask a PT Anything and Ask a Qualified Dietician anything threads. If you want to know how to do something on the forum such as upload an image or insert a video then check out the Forum FAQ1

Finally be sure to introduce yourself by replying below so you can get to know your fellow league members. You will find plenty of chaps in the same situation as yourself all looking to come together to lose weight, get healthy and get back to enjoying football again.

I look forward to welcoming you at registration

Has there been much interest how many registered so far

Hi my name is James I’m 35 from Langley and I’ve just signed up to my first man v fat football slough league. I’m looking forward to trying to play football again lol and hopefully loose some weight and get fit and have a laugh doing it.

Morning everyone, I’m Simon 39 from Langley, really looking forward to lacing the boots up after a long period retired from the game. Was a bit of a wizard winger back in the days of Sunday league but more chicken wings than winger these days. Have also been known to handle myself between the sticks. Really important for me to get fit, play the game I love and meet new people

Hi all
Elliott 43 from Langley.
Looking to lose a bit and get back playing football.

Hi malcolm here. 56 so looks like I am the old man of the group. Looking forward to losing weight getting fit and back in control of my life.

Neil, 37 from Maidenhead. Been overweight for more years than I care to remember! Tried all the usual diets but always become disillusioned after the initial rapid weight loss. Hoping my love of Footy will be the driving force this time!

Be kind, I’m a season ticket holder at Crystal Palace, not sure if there’s too many fellow Eagles around here!

What’s good gents I’m Andrew 30 from Slough fancy myself as a bit of a shot stopper used to play in the mvf Luton league last year but moved to Slough. I can vouch that it does work it’s a good laugh and a great chance to meet some new faces look forward to meet you all Monday !!

Hi I’m Andrew - 48 and another from Langley. Not played for a while. Lost 12 kg last year between Jan - May (got married in May) and then put it all back on again and a little bit more. Looking forwarding to getting fit, having a few laughs and playing a bit of footie. See u all Monday.

Hi fellas
I’m Mark a Slough boy although was living in Luton for a few years due to domestic situations changing but have recently moved back to Burnham.
48 and a midfield dinosaur…was still playing in the East Berks League until October when I decided to rearrange my left knee and have been out since, one injury to many I think now.(Totally blame one of my best mates for playing me in centre midfield when I’m a defender lol)
I’ve put on a stone in about three months and just want to try and lose it again, miss the changing room banter so hoping to create some new stuff and have a laugh along the way.
See you all tonight.

Hi All
My is Steve 51 live Gerrards Cross
Looking forward to the challenge, and to losing a bit of weight !
Catch up with you all tonight.

I’m Wayne Morris 33 from Langley, I’ve just signed up and I’m looking forward to start playing again as I haven’t played for a few years and really missed it, and I would love to lose a bit of weight as well.

Welcome to MAN v FAT! You will have received a welcome email explaining what happens next. These often end up in spam or promotions folders, so please check and if you can’t find it, let us know.
Your welcome email will include a link to a WhatsApp group full of other players from your league, so join that and get in on the banter!

The league coach who runs the sessions will be in touch to let you know which team you’ll be playing for as soon as a space is identified for you

Welcome to the league buddy. See you in the field

Malcolm, there are older, but age is just a number! Good luck on your journey!

Hi guys, Im Rory, 21 from Ashford, but working in Langley, thought this was perfect to get into after work.

Havent been in sport since school and been in terrible shape, hoping this kick starts me into a much better position!

Look forward to starting!

Are we sending a team to Leicester ?

Yeah, the team has been selected and its all systems go.

Spectators are welcome as well

welcome aboard!

You will be added to a team very soon and we look forward to you being part of the league

That’s a shame not seen anywhere where we could apply to sign up ?