Most popular workout songs of 2015

The running/music folk over at Run Hundred have put together their top 10 workout songs for 2015. Bonus points for anyone who can be arsed to make a spotify playlist!

10 - Demi Lovato – Confident – 130 BPM
9 - The Magician & Years and Years – Sunlight (Radio Edit) – 122 BPM
8 - Andy Grammer – Good to Be Alive (Hallelujah) – 120 BPM
7 - Icona Pop – Emergency – 126 BPM
6 - One Direction – Drag Me Down – 139 BPM
5 - Walk the Moon – Work This Body – 135 BPM
4 - Jess Glynne – Hold My Hand – 123 BPM
3 - Kelly Clarkson – Heartbeat Song (Nebuer Remix) – 135 BPM
2 - Katy Tiz – Whistle (While You Work It) – 162 BPM
1 - Mark Ronson & Bruno Mars – Uptown Funk (Dave Audé Remix) – 124 BPM

If you want to preview any of these tracks (or share the list socially), here’s the link:

http://www.runhundred.com/top-2015/

(Feeling old)

1 Like

Is track 8 correct? I can’t find an Andy Grammer song called that. Only a Meghan Trainor.

Dunna worry chuck, you can still run to Carmina Burana. Just make sure your Walkgramaphone has new batteries in it.

1 Like

Odd as I can’t find it on Spotify.

At the gym I listen to Pandora: Classic Rock Workout.

Keeps me pumped and I only skip a few tunes.

There you go!

1 Like

I tend to listen to Extreme Metal Workout (Spotify)

Still cant work out how to link it like you do above @ChevalierTialys with the album cover.

2 Likes

I’m with you @ilpirata only heard of one of them :anguished:

I just right clicked the playlist and then copy playlist link.

Ignore all this yoof music and behold the ultimate cardio workout album. Makes turbo training a thing of beauty.

2 Likes

The music I listen to is way too slow to workout to!

Bloody hell @mikechristopher thats mental music!! It’s put my BP right up…where’s my James Last album? :wink:

1 Like

It’s gotta be extreme metal every time for me.

Need to get in that primal state to connect with the weights and nothing does it like a bit Nile, At The Gates or Anaal Nathrakh.

It just works.

1 Like

@Hammy_Hamster @PNB16
Certainly does the job. Only time I will listen to heavy metal like that but gets me pumping and lifting more. If I’m on the treadmill or cross trainer the music doesn’t cut it. To stop me getting bored and clock watching I tend to watch something on bbc Iplayer / itv or sky on my mobile. I have a much better workout that way.

Hi Alicia, this is awesome. What was your method for choosing the right tracks for running? Did you use a tool such as this? https://getsongbpm.com. I found some wicked tracks that helped me keep pace on my semi daily 10kms. Keep on running!