MVF Soccer Gawler - S1 - Week 4 - Keep On Pushing

G’day guys. Well done again on another fantastic week, and I very much appreciate how easy you all made it changing venues for the week. We have had another good week, with a bunch of you making it into the 5% club. So without further ado, let’s roll on…

Results
Fatalaide United 14-7 Red Roosters
Black Knights 12 - 6 Fatsal Palace
KFC Barfalona 12 - 5 Green Kegs & Ham

5% CLUB
We had some new additions to the 5% club this week, which was awesome to see! These legends include: Chris Martin (KFC Barfalona), Taylor McClymont (Black Knights), Jason Odegaard (Fatsal Palace), and Alan Jennings (Fatalaide United). Get around these guys and give them some congratulations next time to see them. Well done boys!

10% CLUB
We also have our very first 10% club member, John Crawford! John has been absolutely smashing it since the beginning, and the kilos are flying off. When you see John around, make sure you give him some well earned congratulations (and maybe sneak a few tips from him), well done mate!

Plateaus & Struggles
This was a tough week for many of you for varying reasons. AFL Grand Final parties, school holidays and everything in between made this a lean week on the scales. However it is so important that you do not get discouraged! Unfortunately weight loss isn’t linear, and there is going to be peaks and valleys. When we hit a plateau in our weight-loss, this is not a time to revert back to old habits, but to change our current routines and force the fat to shift! The following image may give you a few ideas about how we can really target some stubborn weight, some of which I will have discussed with you on Thursday.

In addition, here are some really handy articles outlining some changes you can make.

Another vitally important part of weight loss is drinking water. Not drinking enough water leads to more water retention, more water retention leads to more water weight retention. Have a read of this article to get a grasp on just how important water is for weight loss.

Remember guys, weight loss is all about calories in vs calories out. If we are hitting struggles, it is either time to cut the calories/portion sizes, or increase our exercise duration/intensity.

Preparation is Key
Another common theme I have been hearing is that lads are working long hours and finding the energy to cook after work is a tough task. The best way to get around this is to start meal prepping. Meal prepping means that after a long day at work, you simply just have to stick a tupperware container in the microwave and bang, you’re done. It saves the stress of cooking at late o’clock, and also saves yourself from making a naughty decision. For some tips and ideas, here’s a great article. https://manvfat.com/beginners-guide-to-meal-prep/

Challenge
I think some of you need a bit of a challenge. Therefore this week, I am challenging each and every one of you to get in 20 minutes of exercise EVERY DAY. You can do more if you would like and if you already are fantastic, but all of you need to get at least 20 minutes in. It can be anything, walking, home workouts, kicking the soccer ball with the kids, ANYTHING. Just get it done!

PSAs

1. We have had a couple of lads drop out for varying reasons, so some teams are down to 6 players. Remember that blokes can join at any time, and start the very next week. So if you know anyone who is interested, tell them how much fun you’re having and get them to come down and experience it for themselves. We would love to see some fresh faces out there.
  2. There has been a lot of improvement in on field play the last few weeks, with teams getting serious about their tactics. For a bit more inspiration, here’s a fun little article on formations to get the best out of your team. https://manvfat.com/the-best-6-a-side-formations-essential-guide/

Fixtures
10th October
6:30 Green Kegs & Ham v Black Knights
7 Red Roosters v KFC Barfalona
7:30 Fatsal Palace v Fatalaide United

That’s all for this week guys. Remember I’m here to help YOU so if you ever need any help at all, get in touch with me through WhatsApp, E-mail (daniel.warland@starplex.com.au), or come down early and have a chat to me on match nights.

Cheers guys!
Coach Dan