MvF Soccer Gawler - S1 - Week 6 - From Sunday League to Premier League

G’day guys! We had a great turnout Thursday, nearly all teams back to full strength after a few weeks of niggles and the like. It was great to have you all back out, the buzz was incredible! We also welcomed FOUR new signings this week. Shane Sanderson & Lee Perrey (Fatalaide United), Jason Duck (Red Roosters) and Ryen Archer (Black Knights). Welcome lads!

Results
Red Roosters 7-8 Green Kegs & Ham
Fatsal Palace 8-13 KFC Barfalona
Black Knights 4-5 Fatalaide United

5% CLUB
We welcome two new additions to the 5% club this week. Matt Hale (KFC Barfalona) & Christopher O’Brien (Red Roosters) have been diligently working to get here, so well done to you both! That just about deserves a home brew to celebrate Matt (but just one!). Give these guys a warm congratulations when you pass them on Thursday.

On-Field
I am absolutely amazed at how much the standard of on-field play has improved over the first 6 weeks. Not just the skills (which have improved hugely!), but the talking, encouragement and team-building as well. Special mentions to KFC Barfalona and Green Kegs & Ham. Both of your teams have improved out of sight from the first week and that is directly due to the work you have put in at the outside training sessions you have been doing, so well done lads! I can also see how much more fit each of you are getting as the weeks go by, as everyone is now running out games comfortably or even better looking to fill-in for someone else! Well done to you all.

Goal-Setting
Some of you are starting to get a little stuck with your why, which can create a muddied mind and provoke thoughts of why bother or questions like why am I even doing this? The point of Man v Fat is to lose weight correct, but what other benefits can we attain from this? Losing the kilos is great, but don’t just get stuck on the numbers! What about your fitness? Pant size? Waist measurement? Setting yourself some new goals to achieve is a great way of getting your mind back on track and focused. Here is a great video on goal-setting by The Futur. It explains why it is so important and how best to set them up:

In addition (and I understand this one is long, but it is so important!), here is a great video about how mindset and the effects it has on weight-loss. I think this is one of the most important and eye-opening videos you will watch this year, and should resonate with how some of you are feeling:

At-Home Workouts
Some of you are looking for some new exercise to try, and I think increasing what we’re doing at home is a great place to start. There is a whole load of body weight workouts you can do, so I’ll pop some down below. Enjoy!
Workout 1: 12 Push-ups, 12 Squats, 20 Mountain Climbers (10 each side), 40 High Knees. Complete 4 times and note time completed to beat next time!
Workout 2: 5 Push-ups, 5 Squats EMOM (Every Minute on the Minute) for as long as possible. This means setting a timer up, and every minute that ticks over, you complete 5 push-ups and 5 squats, resting for the remaining time. If this is too easy, add 10 high knees for a real heart-starter!
Workout 3: Max time plank (on hands), 10 tricep dips (on retaining wall or chair, 10 squat jumps AMRAP (As Many Round As Possible). Pick a time for this (between 10-15 minutes will be adequate). Set the timer, and complete as many rounds of the above as possible in the allotted time. Try and better it next time, even if by a few reps.

Fixtures
24th October 2019
6:30 - Green Kegs & Ham vs Fatsal Palace
7 - Red Roosters vs Black Knights
7:30 - KFC Barfalona vs Fatalaide United

Final Words

1. Black Knights will be short one player this week so if anyone wants to help them out for a week, sing out and we can make it happen.
  2. For you male models, there will be a photo shoot opportunity next Thursday at 4:30pm for some STARplex promotional material. If you can make it, let me know!
  3. If there is any feedback on how you think things can work better, please let me know. I’m always up for trying to make the competition better!

Keep up the great work guys!
Coach Dan