MVF Soccer Gawler - S2 - Week 5 - Keep on Keepin' On

Apologies for not being able to be there Thursday night, but by all accounts it was a fantastic night of football and a great night on the scales! You guys also went over 100kg total weight-loss this week, awesome work!

Results
Orange Is The New Fat 7 - 11 White Walkers
Droppin’ Loads 10 - 8 FC Lardalona
FC Twente Stone 16 - 8 OB City

Hat-Tricks
We had another 9 hat-tricks this week, amazing work fellas! Congrats to Matt von Einem (Droppin’ Loads), Colin Alagich, John Young (FC Twente Stone), Aaron Hellawell, Matt Hale, Matt Gee (OB City), Geoffrey Taube, Rob Knight (Orange Is The New Fat) & Joshua Bradley (White Walkers), awesome work to all of you!

5% CLUB
It’s back! We have our first entrants into the 5% club for the season which is amazing. Losing 5% of your starting weight is no mean feat and an incredible achievement! So well done to Chris Martin (FC Twente Stone), Matt Gee (OB City) and Chris O’Brien (White Walkers)! Again this is a fantastic achievement early into the season, and now you can keep kicking on to hit that 10% mark, awesome work guys!

Goal-Setting
Some of you are starting to get a little stuck with your why, which can create a muddied mind and provoke thoughts of why bother or questions like why am I even doing this? The point of Man v Fat is to lose weight correct, but what other benefits can we attain from this? Losing the kilos is great, but don’t just get stuck on the numbers! What about your fitness? Pant size? Waist measurement? Setting yourself some new goals to achieve is a great way of getting your mind back on track and focused. Here is a great video on goal-setting by The Futur. It explains why it is so important and how best to set them up:

In addition (and I understand this one is long, but it is so important!), here is a great video about how mindset and the effects it has on weight-loss. I think this is one of the most important and eye-opening videos you will watch this year, and should resonate with how some of you are feeling:

At-Home Workouts
Some of you are looking for some new exercise to try, and I think increasing what we’re doing at home is a great place to start. There is a whole load of body weight workouts you can do, so I’ll pop some down below. Enjoy!
Workout 1 : 12 Push-ups, 12 Squats, 20 Mountain Climbers (10 each side), 40 High Knees. Complete 4 times and note time completed to beat next time!
Workout 2 : 5 Push-ups, 5 Squats EMOM (Every Minute on the Minute) for as long as possible. This means setting a timer up, and every minute that ticks over, you complete 5 push-ups and 5 squats, resting for the remaining time. If this is too easy, add 10 high knees for a real heart-starter!
Workout 3: Max time plank (on hands), 10 tricep dips (on retaining wall or chair, 10 squat jumps AMRAP (As Many Round As Possible). Pick a time for this (between 10-15 minutes will be adequate). Set the timer, and complete as many rounds of the above as possible in the allotted time. Try and better it next time, even if by a few reps.

Fixtures
6:30 OB City VS White Walkers
7 Orange Is The New Fat VS FC Lardalona
7:30 Droppin’ Loads VS FC Twente Stone

Have a great weekend gentlemen, eat healthy and get moving!
Coach Dan