MVF Soccer Gawler - S2 - Week 6 - Peaks & Valleys

What a fantastic night of football on Thursday! 3 great games played in a fantastic spirt, and 3 very close results. However a smaller than usual turnout and some busy weekends led to a lean week on the scales, with the combined weight-loss for the week sitting at 5kg. These kinds of weeks are going to happen, but it is vitally important we don’t let it linger! I know it’s AFL Grand Final weekend and you’re likely to consume a few beers. But try to be responsible and get straight back into it this week.

Results
Droppin’ Loads 9 - 4 FC Twente Stone
Orange Is The New Fat 7 - 7 FC Lardalona
OB City 7 - 7 White Walkers

Hat-Tricks
We had many players hit a hat-trick this week which is awesome! Congrats to Andy Freeth (Droppin’ Loads), Dean Coomber, Ryan Semmler (FC Lardalona), Jaspar Yates (OB City), John Robson and Trav Swindley (Orange Is The New Fat). Fantastic work fellas!

5% CLUB
We had two new entrants into the illustrious 5% club this week! Big congrats to David Kauschke (Orange Is The New Fat) and Jaspar Yates (OB City). Huge week for Jaspar. His bonus points helped OB City scrape a 7-7 draw against White Walkers after losing 5-2 on field! Well done mate!

Hitting Plateaus
This was a tough week for many of you and as I’ve said many times, this is going to happen occasionally. Weight loss is almost never linear, and there are going to be weeks that are more challenging than others. However it is so important not to implode when the going gets tough, we cannot self-sabotage. This is when we have to knuckle down and push harder. Really sit down and think about why the weight isn’t shifting, ask yourself the following questions. Are my portion sizes too big? Am I eating too much/too little throughout the day? Am I eating to excess? Am I exercising enough? Is the food being cooked/fried in lots of oil? Am I being honest with my food diary? Remember if the weight is not shifting, there MUST be a reason. Whilst I don’t think calorie counting is perfect, it may interest you to know how much each day you should be eating and drinking if you want to lose weight. Use this calculator: (https://www.caloriecounter.com.au/calorie-calculator/) and track your food intake for a few days using the MyFitnessPal app to see how much you’re really eating, it may be very eye opening. If you’re eating too much, replace the rice/potato with salad at dinner. If you’re eating too little add a handful of nuts at snack time and fruit smoothies with breakfast and start there!

Bits and Bobs
I am just going to dump some extra information in this section for you lads to have a read through over the weekend.
Here is a great article about some tips for weight-loss. It also contains some great videos and some interesting facts: (https://www.fitfatherproject.com/proven-weight-loss-tips-for-men/)
Many of you are really working hard on your diets, cutting out lots of things to try and shift the weight. Whilst this is awesome, if you get to a point where you desperately crave something naughty, have it! One meal won’t ruin a week, just ensure you don’t go overboard, keep the meal size to a minimum and get straight back to your normal eating right away. It will do wonders for your motivation and psyche. Read more about this here: (https://www.bodybuilding.com/content/ask-the-ripped-dude-cheat-meals.html)
I will also send you guys a booklet from Dude Food with some awesome information about what foods you should be eating and portion control!

Fixtures
6:30pm FC Twente Stone VS Orange Is The New Fat
7pm Droppin’ Loads VS OB City
7:30 pm FC Lardalona VS White Walkers

Final Words
My last little bit of advice for the week is to get active in the WhatsApp chats! They have been a little quiet this season, but they are a fantastic resource and a really good way of keeping yourselves accountable throughout the week. Chat to the lads about what you’re eating, how you’re exercising and everything in between!

Have a great weekend!
Coach Dan