MVF Soccer UWA - S2 - Week 12 - Just Two to Go!

uwa
australia

Our league total weight loss slipped slightly to 340kg! this week… I know that some of you are still recovering from the long break, but with only two more weeks left to go, let’s do what we can and finish strong and smash past 400 by the end!

Congratulations to our new 10%er this week—Ric Horncastle (Fatchester). It’s terrific to see the lists growing each week. Several of you are still closing in on your milestones; let’s get a strong finish from everyone.

Getting ready for the transition… As the end of the season approaches, it’s important to remember that the weight-loss journey isn’t over. For some of you who have reached your weight-loss goals and have decided to transit out of the league, do remember that maintaining the loss can be challenging as well. Thus we highly encourage you to set some goals beyond the league (e.g., increasing physical activity levels, maintaining current caloric intake). For the rest who are still staying in MANvFAT (regardless if you are switching to Cockburn or Canning), do keep up your progress and work towards your goals!

I don’t know about you, but I find that making healthy choices (although, in the short-term, can feel a little ‘boring’) are far more satisfying week in, week out. The satisfaction from being able to commit yourself to a long-term goal far outweighs the benefits of immediate gratification (such as that extra helping of roast, that last glass of wine). As we mentioned earlier in the season, research on self-control has often been compared to a muscle and you’ve been ‘hitting the gym’ all season. Keep flexing those muscles!

There are many resources on goal-setting online, but the gist is quite simple. What goals would you like to achieve? What’s the reality right now? What’s getting in the way? What are the options moving forward? What small changes , daily or weekly, would need to take place in order to achieve your goal?

Once you’ve answered those questions, you’ll know the way forward – GROW.

See you all next Wednesday for another night of great matches. Lets push on with the weight-loss!

Coach B