MVF Soccer UWA - S2 - Week 8 - Team Spirit and Support!

uwa
australia

Smashing through three centuries this week in the MANvFAT Soccer League – our running total of weight lost is 306kg ! New members who joined the 5%-ranks: congratulations to Darren W (Apex), Alastair M (Rovers), Paul T (Fatchester), Adrian P (Hardly Athletic), & Greg O (Jaffas). Also joining the 10% hall of fame is none other than Serge D (Kebabs). Give these boys a pat on the back and ask for their top tips to join the club! Excellent work lads!

A helping hand … First of all, great work everyone! You have made it to week 8 of the season and you are all putting your best week-in week-out. Great job! I have noticed, however, that a few of you might be having a hard time keeping your weight-loss down in the last few weeks. I understand that it can be difficult due to personal circumstances such as work and other commitments, so don’t be afraid to reach out to your team mates or me if you need help in losing those Kgs! Remember that the whole point of joining the MANvFAT Soccer league is to lean on others when the going gets tough! Research suggests that people enrolled in a group weight-loss program is more likely to succeed than if they did it alone (https://www.cbsnews.com/news/want-to-lose-weight-group-programs-may-work-better-than-doing-it-alone/). So whether if you need someone to check-in with you every so often to make sure you keep your diet in check, or if you needed some advice on how to make small changes to your diet/routine, do tell your team. I am sure everyone is more than happy to help you. Conversely, those of you who know that a teammate might be struggling, do provide a helping hand and see what you might be able to do to assist him. We are all in this together, so let’s stick together!

Lastly, Paul T from Beercerlonas has kindly shared with us some information that might save you from an injury! Follow this link http://www.yrsa.ca/pdf/Fifa11/11plus_workbook_e.pdf and learn some exercises and tips that you can apply during the week (and weekend of course!).

Though we have just finished week 8, match night 9 doesn’t seem all that far away! Looking forward to seeing all of you again next week. Stay smart, stay on track, and if you have to choose a low carb beer instead! Have a great weekend lads!

Coach B