MVF Soccer UWA - S3 - Week 1 - Welcome to Season 3!

First of all, I want to congratulate all of you for taking a big step towards improving your health. To those who returned from last season, welcome back! Let us keep the positive energy from last season going!

To all of our newcomers - welcome to the program, and welcome to the UWA league. I am Brian, the league coach, and I will be here to support you with your weight loss journey throughout the season.

The competition has officially begun… Match night one is now done and it was great to see all players (new and old) starting to meld together in the teams and getting conversations going. I have a feeling that we are off to a great start! I’m expecting great things this season. =)

Don’t go crazy… we’re not here to tell you exactly what to do to bring about weight loss change, but my first bit of advice (especially for those who are new to weight-loss) is that (healthy) weight loss is a gradual process - use the handbook, make some small changes (milk / sugar out of your morning tea / coffee, smaller plates and smaller portion sizes) and see how you travel on the scales. If that’s doing the trick, keep at it! If not, speak to your team mates or me during your weigh-in, and look at what you’ve written down in the handbook. Importantly, any weight loss week-by-week scores you off-pitch goals for your team, so there’s no rush.

No I in team… The last thing we’d encourage, and it’s great to see this happening already, is to lean on each other for support - the players from last season know the ropes, and no doubt have plenty of tips and tricks that could help you shift the weight, so don’t be afraid to ask. The WhatsApp groups are there for you to have some banter, some fun, but also to help each other out.

Just a reminder that all the fixtures and results are available @ https://www.manvfatsoccer.com.au/uwa

Thats all from me this week. Enjoy your week and see you all next Wednesday night!

Coach B