MVF Soccer UWA - S3 - Week 8 - Leaning on Each Other!

Another great week at MANvFAT Soccer UWA! This week we add 15kgs to our running total and we are now at 107kgs lost! This week we have first-timer Chris C (Dark Force) joining the 5%-club! Give that man a pat on his back for such a great effort in his first season! Well done!

A helping hand … First of all, great work everyone! You have made it to week 8 of the season and you are all putting your best week-in week-out. Great job! I have noticed, however, that a few of you might be having a hard time keeping your weight-loss down in the last few weeks. I understand that it can be difficult due to personal circumstances such as work and other commitments, so don’t be afraid to reach out to your team mates or me if you need help in losing those Kgs! Remember that the whole point of joining the MANvFAT Soccer league is to lean on others when the going gets tough! Research suggests that people enrolled in a group weight-loss program is more likely to succeed than if they did it alone (https://www.cbsnews.com/news/want-to-lose-weight-group-programs-may-work-better-than-doing-it-alone/). So whether if you need someone to check-in with you every so often to make sure you keep your diet in check, or if you needed some advice on how to make small changes to your diet/routine, do tell your team. I am sure everyone is more than happy to help you. Conversely, those of you who know that a teammate might be struggling, do provide a helping hand and see what you might be able to do to assist him. We are all in this together, so lets stick together!

Share your advice… Starting from this week, we want you to start sharing your top tips! You guys are the experts on your own weight loss journey – you’re in the trenches week in, week out, and only you know what it’s like to be in your situation. You’re having amazing success as a league, and that means that you guys make the best resource for each other to learn from. If you’ve got anything to share about ways to be more active, swapping out old foods for new, reducing alcohol consumption, or any other juicy recommendations, we’d love to throw your voice into the mix. Over the next few week, we’d love to have you send your one-line weight loss tips to me – any nutrition advice, physical activity tips, weight loss recommendations, we’d love to hear and share those one-liners. We’ll use them in future forum posts and to help promote your success on our website, Facebook, and Twitter, so get creative!

Next week, I am sure is going to be another amazing week! Though I will not be there physically, but you can be sure that I am there in spirit! Don’t let up on the weight loss, just a few more weeks to go!

Coach B
(Yes, it is still me posting this week because I just miss you guys!)