Second last week at MANvFAT Soccer UWA and you boys are still scoring goals! Few more hat tricks this week; Glenn H (Marshmallow), Chris B & Neil S (Man Titty), Tom M (Rhinos), and Daniel T (Lime). Daniel T (Lime) has also just entered the 5% club, and Matthew C (Rhinos) joining the 10% club! Well done boys! Give these men a pat on their backs the next time you see them, and let’s all push on for the final leg!
Putting it all together… Throughout this season we’ve been sharing different tips and ideas to help you along on your weight-loss journey, and you’ve been doing the same. In our second last week, I thought it would be nice just to recap some of the key things that we’ve learned over the season…
- Make small changes that last – Whether it’s reducing portion sizes, drinking more water, or being more active. Remember that behaviours you can sustain over the long-term are far better than short-term temporary fixes.
- Expect bad days – We face challenges and setbacks in everything we do – and losing weight is no different. Whenever you have a bad day – be it overindulging or feeling a little worse for wear the morning after a few drinks, just dust yourself off and get back on track. You’ve proved to yourselves by now that you are capable of having lots more good days than bad days.
- Plan – Part of preventing those bad days is to put plans into action to prevent lapsing into unhealthy behaviours. So it might be worth thinking about how you can keep weight off or (at least) minimise the weight gain.
- Check food labels for hidden calories – Remember, some food items have more calories than you think. Read the labels or better yet, make your own meals.
- Keep getting enough shut eye – Sleep keeps us functioning, and keeps the weight off.
- Calories-in, calories-out – to keep losing weight, always think about that equation, and put more out than in.
- GOALS – Set some S.M.A.R.T . goals for after the season has ended.
** SOME HOUSEKEEPING FOR WEEK 14…**
- We will be playing at UWA Riley Oval next week (see attached)
- First game will kick off at 615pm
- You are also welcome to BYO drinks, and we encourage each of the teams to put together some food and nibbles for your team if you’d like.
- We have also booked the Water Sports Complex for a couple of drinks (zero alcohol beers). So you can head on over when you want to from 7pm. Our staff will direct you to the location on that night.
On another note, some of you would have heard already, but I will be stepping down as coach after this season. I have been offered a lecturer position over at James Cook University and will be starting there early next year. I will leave my message for the final post next week, but just wanted to make sure I got a chance to catch up with you boys next week as I would be running around coordinating the night.
Exciting week ahead lads! Let us finish off the season with a bang!