MVF Soccer UWA - S4 - Week 5 -

Great week again at MAN v FAT Soccer UWA! Ever more so we are creeping steadily towards continued and sustainable weight-loss! A few of you have hit your hat-tricks this week; Neil S & Paul S (Man Titty), and Adam M & Steve H (Roosters)! Great job men! Give these boys a pat on their back the next time you see them!

Expecting the Unexpected… Over the last week or so, I’ve had a number of conversations with you boys that revolved around ‘I was expecting to lose more’. It can definitely be frustrating sometimes when we do everything right, but for some reason our weight loss does not match our efforts. There are some reasons for this such as allowing your body time to ‘react’ to what you are doing, your water retention might be higher that week (usually dependent on salt intake), or you might be hitting the gym too hard :wink: But one of the most common reasons is plateaus. Plateaus are REALLY common during weight loss journeys – it’s really rare that you’ll just continue to drop the same amounts week in, week out. If you’re keen to find out more about plateaus and why they happen, check out this link: https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/weight-loss/in-depth/weight-loss-plateau/art-20044615 . The main thing to remember is ‘calorie in’ vs. ‘calorie out’, and to keep faith with what you’re doing. Deficits (more calories out than in) will lead to decrease in body weight. So, if you hit a plateau that lasts for a few weeks, and you haven’t hit your weight loss goals by that time, then you could look for ways to change the out vs in balance a bit. One approach would be to look for ways to increase your physical activity a little more, or to look for any new changes you might be able to introduce to your diet. But remember to keep your changes gradual and to maintain them. You can find more useful information on how to increase your physical activity and diet change suggestions at this link: https://www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au/health/healthyliving/weight-loss-a-healthy-approach .

Scoring Off-Pitch… It’s been great to see the passion and camaraderie on the pitch every week, but as we’ve heard lots of you saying to each other, the biggest way you can score a bagful of goals is OFF the pitch. No better examples this week than Man Titty who managed to move their 2-2 draw on the pitch to clinch a 5-4 win! So, although what happens on the pitch is important, it’s the off-pitch goals that are going to be the ones we’re most proud of, and it’s those ones that we’re really all striving for. A bit of support for your teammates in reaching those off-pitch goals could be a game-changer when Wednesday nights roll around. Remember, weight-loss is the name of the game! So keep that up and you will surely clinch the top spot this season!

This week onwards! I am calling out to all players for you to send me your top tips or advice to share with other players in the league. I will include these tips/advice in future forum posts (and possibly MvF social media). So start sharing your secrets with the rest of the league and help everyone achieve their goals!

That is me this week! Hope you all enjoy the weekend and the week ahead. Looking forward to another great night next Wednesday!

Coach B