Need help finding right diet

Hi my name is Mathias.
For many years i was a drug addict, and i was really skinny. But when i went to rehab and stopped doing drugs, i traded my drug addiction for sugar addiction. I have been clean for over a year and a half, but i’ve gotten really fat… and i’ve decided its time to do something about it. I need to feel good about myself, and i thats something im not able to while being overweight. I have heard about a broccoli, chicken, and rice diet and i think im gonna try that. But i have to be able to marinate it, or use some different types of sauses. In order to be able to stick with the diet. Or else im just not gonna make it. It cant be too boring… I would love to hear some input, maybe some alternative diet plans… or other, healty meals that will help me loose weight.
Thanks for any response,
Mathias.

2 Likes

Hi @ninjashitstorm I’m new here and posted a couple of times, no response. I don’t think this website is that active…

But there are many many diets out there, depending on what appeals to you. Its setting yourself to stick to it that’s the exciting part.

Personally I’m a low carb, high fat guy, and have been 2.5 years ali with regular fitness. I find eating this way effective and have kept it off after losing around 70 pounds.

Good luck on whatever you choose to do !

Happy holidays.

1 Like

Really its Amazing 70 pounds is Quite tough to loss But I Am Sure You Struggle alot to do this can you share your plan what you did for that

1 Like

Join one of the groups going here. There are loads on groups that have lost a fair amount of weight. Plenty of advice available

2 Likes

It is sad that this aspect of the site has lost its momentum somewhat but it can be restarted…so…
Welcome to the site @ninjashitstorm , @Pete_in_Va and @garyhansonuk.
@Greenballs hits the nail on the head, the groups are still a great way to go.

As for diets…I’d say that there is no need to follow any particular diet as most of them (if not all) are money spinning fads.
Learn what calorie amount you need to create a deficit and what exercise you like/live doing and just look at foods that you could or should be doing without or could be consuming less off…
Fizzy drinks (you might be OK with …Zero brands), crisps, chips and other deep fried stuff should be handled with care, but don’t limit yourself of too too much too soon…
Remember, the longest journey begins with the first step.
XXX

1 Like

Wow 70 pounds, thats really good.
How long did it take you?
I will have to read up on that diet.
And i would love to hear some more details from your diet, and how you achieved such a great weightloss.
Happy holidays to you as well!

1 Like

Nice 1 mate. Me i never managed no diets i cant even work em out let alone stick 2 em. Just keep it simple here try not 2 overeat, cut down on the fast food n that. Alongside exercise but thats a sepreate thing

1 Like

There is no diet to read up on. I just changed what I ate. It took years; it’s just ongoing.

1 Like

Yes, this is a multi year project haha

Personally low carb and exercise seem to work for me. Anything to be able to contain my appetite! I do still have a ways to go with some fat to burn, and mostly focus now on the fitness part.

I do believe in calories in, calories out, so do watch calories and being active enough to burn.