New member for Newcastle league

newcastle

Just joined the Newcastle league - I used to regularly play football in the Newcastle University Business League about 8-10 years ago but after having 2 children, getting married and changing employer I haven’t had the opportunity to play since.

Since that time I’ve put on quite a bit of weight mostly due to over-eating and lack of exercise. The weight is mostly around the stomach area - a lovely beer belly albeit I am not much of a drinker.

Both of my sons play for Kingston Park Football Club and I recently passed the FA Level 1 in Coaching Football course so that I could help with coaching the under 9s team. It’s got me right back in the mood for football and I’m really looking forward to getting started.

Would be grateful for some guidance on what to do next. I can be there every Monday and I’m more than happy to fill in places of people who have left or as a one-off sub each week (or even just a kickabout with the lads) - as long as I get to play some football!

Cheers!

Ollie will be in touch in due course, they are on week 2 (of season 5!) this coming Monday, you will be allocated to a team, everybody takes turns on the pitch during the matches…

Great - looking forward to getting started!

I think you have been added to Largentina.

Yup - all sorted now. I’ve been added to the WhatsApp group. :+1:

I know, I did it for them. :rofl:

HI I believe that I’ve just signed up too (I realise I’m three weeks late)

Do I just wait for a team now?

Hi @MattOrzel - Ollie the coach from Newcastle will assign you to a team and then give you a call to confirm all the details :slight_smile:

Awesome thank you :slight_smile: looking forward to chasing my first football in years!

Matt, if you are on Facebook search MANvFAT Football Newcastle & your find our own league page. You can catch up with what’s happened so far in season 5. Look forward to seeing you at MvF on a Monday night.

if you are on Facebook search MANvFAT Football Newcastle & your find our own league page. You can catch up with what’s happened so far in season 5. Look forward to seeing you at MvF on a Monday night.