Newbie - HELP!

So…

I’ve been a member for a while, but never written. I’m 26 - 22st on the button. I’m sick and tired of being sick and tired of the state I’m in. My stomach is riddled with stretch marks and I hate the body I have. Every day I tell myself, this stops now - but I always end up binge eating crap food (sweets,chocolate,crisps).

I’ve signed up for MVF Football in Stoke, and I’m really looking forward to it. About 3 years ago, I lost 4 stone and I looked great - I did this by juicing over 8 months. Rather than the weight piling straight back on as people had warned, it gradually got back up. I went right up to 23st at the start of this year. For some reason in my head I can accept 22st but not 23. I’m currently 22st and just going over and over the same mental and physical failure.

I need help, any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated. I feel like there is a fit man inside trying to get out, but I always fail eventually.

6 Likes

Welcome to the forums @aars3000.

It’s good to see you take the plunge from lurking to posting. In my opinion actually getting involved in the conversations really helps concentrate the mind and has a positive impact.

Yet another Stoke local is always a welcome sight on the forums as well. I’m based in the Norton area and @StokieDan is running the league in Stoke.

2 Likes

As well as the MVF football, the best advice that I can give is to join a MVFIA Group Go to the last posting here and put your name down.

The teams are small self-support groups, and I’ve found them absolutely the best way to keep up resolve and to recover from any backsliding. You WILL lose weight with a MVFIA Group! :grinning:

2 Likes

Well done @aars3000 for posting for the first time.

Four bits of advice:

1. I’d echo @Melbourne12’s advice to join a MVFIA Group. I’ve found the daily routine of checking the website, listening to others and having to account to them very helpful. The discussions in the small groups are in many ways more helpful than the general ones you find on the open board.

2. If you haven’t read the ManVFat book then that’s well worth a read. The advice of “Find out what makes you fat” and “find a diet that works for you” is essential and not as simple as it sounds. It takes time and thought to do.

3. Log what you eat on MyFItnessPal (MFP). It will tell you the brutal truth about what you eat. Simply forcing yourself to log will help you reduce you’re intake.

4. The diet and exercise that works for you needs to be something that is sustainable. Something that you can do long term and be happy with. You need to have a diet which helps you loose weight but also re-educates you for the maintenance phase when you have lost weight.

Okay I said 4 but here’s a 5th: Make sure you don’t confuse fitness with weight loss. Exercise is good for you but as others will say on this site, you can’t out exercise a bad diet.

2 Likes

@aars3000 I echo the other sentiments here. Myfitnesspal and daily accountability has been key for me. Good luck on your journey, and we’re all here if and when you need us!

1 Like

Talking about your difficulties is not a surprize to anyone here…you will get support, and people relate to what you are going through. The more you post, the more you will be involved. Kind of a sense of community. Really helpful.

1 Like

Yep the forums here are perfect for being held accountable for what you eat. That combined with tracking on my fitness pal and my Fitbit seems to be working for me also.

Good luck and welcome onboard.

1 Like

Hi
Its my first time here as well. So not sure how to respond. But I can just tell you from experience that it depends on what you eat as well as the exercise you do. A friend introduced me to a product she was promoting which really helped me to loose the weight. I never actually changed my diet that much either but later did improve my eating habits. Have a look and see what you think. Her website is somewhere on the internet.

Hi @mimohammedimran9 - We’re not too keen on people posting up links to sites selling ‘miracle cures’ to weight loss. Especially ones that don’t appear to offer any scientific backing.

4 Likes