Newbie in Bristol

Hi @Brizzlecol

Welcome aboard mate, the help, advice and motivation shared by the members of this forum is second to none.

I know it’s a bit of a trek from Bristol(depending on which side you live anyway) but if you did want to see some manvfat football in practice we have 3 games left down here in Bridgwater over the next 3 Mondays at Bridgwater College from 7.30pm-9.30pm.
I know my team would be more than happy to meet up and talk about the difference it’s made to us.
As @admin says you can sign up now and be in the box seat when it gets launched nearer to home.

2 Likes

MFP is good for at least a couple of weeks to give you an idea of how much you’re going over. I’d suggest logging everything religiously for a week at least and then assessing. Also READ THIS NOW!

thanks guys, unfortunately Bridgewater is a bit of a schlep. I hope the football thing launches in Bristol soon. I have seen it’s just launching in Colchester which is where I’m from and being run by my team Col U! good stuff

No worries mate, as I said there is more than enough support available on this site to help you get where you want to be.

1 Like

Sorry if I’m being a bit stupid but how do i get put into one of the weight loss groups on here?

1 Like

The very first post in this article explains it all

Fellow newbie, also from Bristol. Good to meet you!

nice to meet you too Will! good luck on this journey I have so far in the short space of time I’ve been online found these boards fantastic!

Hey @Brizzlecol welcome to MvF! I see you have your MVFIA Ready badge already and on way to your first group! Good luck!

Nice to see a couple of fellas from the Bristol area! I have literally just signed up and hoping that I will get my behind into gear this time! Its been a long time coming.

David

Hi! I’ve just signed up for the football starting 30/1/16. Is there a dedicated group on here for guys doing that particular league? Thanks!

I’m from Bristol btw!

I think you’re best off looking here:

https://talk.manvfat.com/c/sweating/mvf-football

I’m in Bristol as well. Just joined and then joined the South Bristol League as well. Looking forward to meeting you guys.

Regards

Jeff

Hi all I’ve joined the Bristol league, starts on 30_01_17 doesn’t it?

Hi Chopa,

The registration session is the week before on the 23rd and the first match is on the 30th.

Jeff

THANKS Jeff, what time is registration? Do you buy a kit before or after?Sorry for all the questions!

Chopa,

I have no idea yet as only just joined myself. The usual session times are 19:00 to 21:00 so I would suspect that is the same for the registration session. Regarding the kit, you can’t by a single piece of kit from the shop, the minimum order is for 5 kits so I think you order this as a group once the league kicks off. I’m just planning on wearing shorts, baggy t-shirt and astro boots for the first couple of sessions.

Jeff

I can’t remember the last time a t-shirt was ‘baggy’ on me!

Thanks again Jeff see you there, I personally cannot wait to embrace this opportunity to slim down!