Struggling with weight loss

Hi, I have started my journey on losing a large amount of weight as I am not happy with my body. I am currently 280 lbs. I dont have a specific goal. I just want to feel more confident wearing clothes I like and taking my shirt off. I have been slowly trying to lose weight by eating what I want but keeping within 1500 to 2000 calories everyday and I have also been hitting the gym everyday doing at least 30 minutes of cardio, swimming and weightlifting. However after 3 weeks of sticking to this diet/change I only have lost 7lbs which I am sure I have put back on over easter. I am an extremely fussy eater so diets like keto wouldnt be an option. Any help ? I would really appreciate it. I have the motivation but it just doesnt seem to making any changes.

Congratulations on losing 7lb. 2lb a week is a good loss. There is no point making changes that you cant do forever, ive learnt the hard way, lost a lot, couldnt maintain the lifestyle id changed to. I was always aiming for 4lb week and it ended in disaster.

Recently signed up to man v fat with aim of 2lb a week. Over a year thats alot!

Keep up the great work, be patient and you will see good results

Healthy weightloss is regarded as 1 to 2 lbs a week. Just think over how long a period that weight gain took place & understand it will take a slow & steady approach to keep it off.

Very well said, no diet is a ‘best option’. Keto is simply the latest fad & certainly isn’t a balanced approach. The science is the same no matter what diet. Eat less calories. So a good place to start would be to continue as you are. :slight_smile:

This. 1 - 2lbs a week is nice steady weightloss. Keep at it as you are off to a good start and you must must be doing something right or you wouldn’t be losing.

Thank you all. Appreciate the help !

Stick with it use the forum well , maybe consider joing a 30 day group or signing up to a footie league? You will find the support and encouragement is all here to help. Good luck

Yes don’t get down because you are not loosing as much as you think you should. Big weight loose over a short time is more likely to result in you putting it back on. You are doing the right thing keep it up.

Keep your chin and and keep on with it buddy!

Thats a great start pal, 7lb isnt to be snuffed at!

I’ve lost almost 10st now in 15 months - It’s not easy, I don’t claim to be an expert in nutrition so i cant give you expert advise but can certainly give you advise based on what I’ve learnt along my journey. There are some top guys on the forum who can give you more sound advise who will be qualified in this field.

Be careful on a diet of eating what you want but sticking within calories, a diet consisting of cheeseburgers for example wont do you any good and will zap you of all energy because your body isn’t getting the nutrients it needs.

With the 1500-2000 calorie allowance youve set yourself, is this a target youve created yourself or has it been measured out based on your bmi etc? Eating too few calories can also have a negative effect on your weight loss.

I downloaded an app called Loseit! its been a massive help for me (calculates everything for you based on your height/weight/age and how much YOU want to lose per week)

Another helpful tool for me was a smart watch (started with an apple watch) which is great motivation as you can set yourself challenges.

Keeping yourself hydrated is key, make sure you are drinking plenty of water.

With the exercise, i started out doing something every day. Whilst at first when i was close to 25st this was helping me lose a good amount of weight, if i do this now, it doesn’t really benefit me and i find that i’m able to workout with less intensity than what i am with only doing say 3/4 sessions per week.

I am a fairly fussy eater, i used to absolutely hate salad with a passion, but now Subway salads are probably one of my favorite things to eat!

If you need any more help or advise feel free to get in touch, im more than happy to help anyone in need :slight_smile:

At a rate of c. 2lb per week, by Christmas that’s around 5 stone! I’m just starting myself and I am thinking medium-term. I know it won’t look dramatic to others, but gradually I’ll be able to fit into smaller shirts again and hopefully be able to last longer before being out of breath!
:grinning:
The more steady, the more sustainable…that’s my mantra. Let’s see how it goes, huh?
Good luck.