The best proven way to lose weight

I know it’s hard to lose fat and keep it off all I can give you is general advice that is universal. I found out not all diets and food macro amounts will suit everyone do the best thing to do is to calculate your calorie maintenance. Once you’ve done that your going to have to experiment with amount of carbs,fat,protein most likely .8 to 1 gram of protein per lbs of body weight but don’t use current body weight go with lean body mass or close to it. You want to slowly cut cals also eat fiber, grains, lean meat,mct oil aka coconut oil, omega 3. Stay away from sugar and drink only water or have ONE zero cal drink if your craving it. Can’t stress this enough but drink your galon of h20 every day it aids in fat loss. Eat a magority of your carbs around your workout. Do slow paced cardio 3x week and HIIT cardio 3x week and do one Monday and the other Tuesday so on and so forth. If you follow this you should find your way.

1 Like

Thanks mate

I disagree with a number of points you make. I follow the advice of drmcdougall.com on plant based nutrition, do only moderate exercise and I lose weight painlessly. It’s a gradual process, it only works with the right habits but it’s sustainable. McDougall says the fat you eat is the fat you wear.

Good luck starving yourself thin. It does NOT work.

In addition to adopting a plant based, oil-free diet, I’ve found that making water my main beverage was uber important. Getting active helped tremendously. You do have to exercise. And giving up sugar is the best habit change I’ve ever made.

Will other approaches to weight loss work? I suppose. If it was easy we’d all be lean, right?

The key to losing weight is change something you do today for the better, do it consistently (thus it must be something you wish to maintain), don’t substitute with something worse, and repeat until happy with your weight.

It really is that simple. That is what put weight on, and also works for losing weight. So the key thing is choosing what you are going to do that is better, and can you sustain it.

That may be a high protein, high exercise, low carb diet like the first, it may be the second based on plant based nutrition, it may be closer to mine which is based on 5:2 (calorie reduction), or it may be as simple as changing one habit.

No one diet works for us all. Simple.

In my case, I want to give up sugar (but in truth I love it too much and don’t want to), I would love to eat more protein (but carbs are so yummy), I do exercise (when I can, but have lost weight even if I haven’t), I would pretend 600 calories twice a week was a great plan (but I have only managed it four times in two years), I should eat more veg, and probably more fruit. I constantly debate sometimes eating breakfast/sometimes skipping. I slip up all the time.

57lbs lost through consistency. Changing things, and constantly trying to get better and lose weight. I tell this story just to show you don’t need to be a paragon of virtue to lose weight.

7 Likes

Thanks for that info, I can’t stop drinking my coffee, but have gone from 2 sugars to 1 and cal tab.

Yea I agree but your not staving your self your eating maintenance cal and you are exercising. Do weight training and slow cardio and on days you don’t weight train you do HIIT which also builds muscle just look at sprinters.

You could drink caffeine it’s a natural fat burner and sweeteners are a grate alternative but one package won’t hurt

This is generally application using proven methods of healthy food that you should eat, calories in vs calories out. This is the way I build platforms for people and never are the calories the same for one person or the same throughout the week. On days you train your cal intake is higher than test days so in a way this is built proof but not finished just a starter to get people loosing weight and get on track with a simple advice.

That’s great. I did not dismiss it. I just want people to be aware that there are many ways of losing weight.

Simply put I don’t believe your method is bullet-proof. The big issue with methods is not whether they work, but whether they are sustainable.

A case in point. Starvation loses weight better than anything, eat absolutely nothing and you will lose weight more efficiently than any other method (even with the famed starvation mode). But it does have a sustainability problem!

1 Like

Staving does not actually loose as much weight as being in a deficit and burning more calories than you eat doing that could result in lbs of weight being lost. I have a medical degree in nutrition attached with my cna and nursing citification. They are not as accurate as I found ways that have to mainly be performed in order to loose and or maximize weight loss; such as eating healthy, working out, burning more calories than you intake and drinking 8 glasses of water or more. It’s that simple. But medical conditions and other factors may change results but this is the way to do it unless you cut the fat off your body or get the lap band to consume fewer calories which leads back to my science.

I think the point @DolmanDarrall was making is that starvation is the ultimate deficit, but that if you do it for a while then it tends to kill you.

1 Like

Starving is pretty efficient, you only need to see the impact on those following advice on sites like pro-ana, the impact of those in concentration camps, or hunger strikers.

It causes significant health problems with the ultimate consequence of death. It is of course totally unadvisable.

However my point Anthony is that weight loss is psychological as opposed to just physical. Many diets just propose essentially physical solutions (as you have done). Follow them and you lose weight. The difficult is in the number of people who follow them.

Some people thrive in massive change environments (cold turkey), others don’t. Also with food, a cold turkey environment is impossible to create unlike other forms of addiction/rehab.

So the method you propose may be the best physical solution, it may even be the best psychological solution. But it just won’t work for everyone and it may even stop people from trying.

Eating sensibly, working out is hardly rocket science advice. Eat less, move more. The problem is that all the evidence suggests that advice has not worked on a society level. Instead, differing people have lost weight in differing ways. I am sure one or two people of ManvFat have lost weight using this method below, but I would expect the vast majority did something different.

As a first step to losing weight, the method below scares me. And I want other people who are scared to realise, the start point for losing weight doesn’t have to be extreme change if you don’t want it to be. In fact doing something you can sustain is more important.

As I have said three times now. I agree with you Anthonybwe, the method below will work if you can SUSTAIN it. I am not dismissing the approach, but just showing that other people succeed in differing ways.

“Once you’ve done that your going to have to experiment with amount of carbs,fat,protein most likely .8 to 1 gram of protein per lbs of body weight but don’t use current body weight go with lean body mass or close to it. You want to slowly cut cals also eat fiber, grains, lean meat,mct oil aka coconut oil, omega 3. Stay away from sugar and drink only water or have ONE zero cal drink if your craving it. Can’t stress this enough but drink your galon of h20 every day it aids in fat loss. Eat a magority of your carbs around your workout. Do slow paced cardio 3x week and HIIT cardio 3x week and do one Monday and the other Tuesday so on and so forth. If you follow this you should find your way.”

Here’s my rant about eat less, move more and how it misses off a vital third of the equation:

Stavin is not good because not only are you loosing fat but muscle and it’s very slow and painful. You also open many risk factors suck as diffidence that may kill you befor you stave to a skin and bone self. Aso heart failure and kidneys, liver, dehydration from diarrhea and vomiting. So my method is the ultimate guide only because every diet on the planet involves what I said. So don’t put starving into the ultimate deficit because it’s not unless you want and early death, no muscle, and may die befor you get thin sound to me not and ultimate way.

Yeah, no one is advising you starve yourself. We’re all just saying it’s a bit more nuanced than you’re arguing.

In fact, no one is really arguing, we’re all just one big happy family. Let’s move on.

A couple summers ago, three to be exact, I fasted for twenty days. Twenty days, no food. I only drank water. That’s it!

Did I lose weight? Youbetcha.

Here’s the problem. I gained it all right back. I’m not opposed to fasting but you need to sort out your nutritional issues before you fast because if you come off the fast and take up your unhealthy eating habits, which you will if you have not replace bad eating with good, the weight comes right back.

1 Like

I agree with the original posters comment about water. I know exactly what I need to do to lose weight but the challenge is actually doing it. When the hunger pangs and cravings hit, its easy for all the good intentions to fly out the window.

I have recently made drinking 4 bottles of water per day part of my daily routine and have found that its a great way to feel full at the cost of zero calories.

Its early days on this latest attempt to lose weight but seems to be working so far.

1 Like

Good work!

100 % guarantee.Yo lose weight fast for watching videos
Contact me or reply I give you a good solution