Tracking calories

Hi guys I know most people use apps like mfp and lose it to track calories but I was wondering if anyone uses an excel document that tracks everything from calorie intake, calorie deficit, weight progress etc. I have used apps but don’t really get on with them. If anyone has any advice on how I could create one if done one themself much appreciated.

Thanks alex

I had one a while back. I created three tabs: one for weight tracking including targets so I knew where I should be, one for entering the calories of foods I eat on a regular basis and one for calroie tracking which I recreated week by week. Then when I enter a food I have recorded in tab 2 it pulls over the amount of calories and just by stating the quantity it can work out what the calories were.

Then with a few more tweaks its easy to set up daily, weekly max calories and calculate from that if you have a calorie deficit. I even got mine to convert the total deficit into exected weight loss, but a warning that the results do not always reflect the numbers.

My brother used a more complex version that uses Voodoo Basic to perform the calculations and was a little more accurate.

Thanks Tim did you get any information online I am not great on setting up spreadsheets so would struggle to set one up with out seeing one first so was wondering if you see anything online that helped you create yours

Blimey, the apps are easier than any spreadsheet…

1 Like