UWA league week 7 2021

Hi All,

A few players out this week due to the easter long weekend, and not as much progress on the weight loss front which is understandable as you enjoy time eating with friends and family, however some great competition on the pitches.

Weight loss leaders this week were
Cam from yellow down 080kg
Peter from yellow down 0.4kg
Ryan from white down 0.80kg
Steve from white down 0.80kg

Well done Gents.

Was great to hear the feedback this week in regards to looking at increasing your protein intake,

Something to look at this week is how you approach all your meals; rather than focusing too much on what you cannot have, think about what you should be having, like vegetables.

Eg: you might like to enjoy a meal out for breakfast on the weekend, so rather than getting just eggs bacon and hash browns on toast, you should think about how to get at least one or two serves of veggies (one serve is 1/2 cup of cooked or 1 cup of leafy ) and add, spinach, stomach, mushrooms, or avocado to your plate, and maybe loose the hash browns, as they are often fried in lots of vegetable oil.

When we focus more on the foods that we should be consuming, we gradually ‘push out’/ displace those foods that we shouldn’t be having so often.

I’ll share some meals that I have regularly to give you some ideas on how I try reach my 2 fruit and 5 veg each day. As I type this on a Saturday morning I’m having,

A green smoothie:
1/2 avocado
1/2 cup of spinach
1/4 cup cucumber
1/4 cup celery
1/4 cup banana
1/4 cup mango
few leaves of mint
1 /1&1/4 cups of coconut water

I’m getting about 1.5 serves of veggies and one serve of fruit at breakfast here in my smoothie.

I will also cook up some quick pancakes made with one mashed banana, 3 eggs and some oats.

Enjoy the rest of your weekends